CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Electric Mirrors, Window and Boot Release Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 200 Kompressor
Electric Mirrors, Window and Boot Release Failure

Hi All,

Firstly Please can I thank everyone that has contributed to this forum, I am so glad that there are those people who impart their knowledge to us MB enthusiasts. It has helped me a great deal.

Unfortunately I need your help again!

I have a CLK200 K W208 Avantgarde. I have been restoring various parts, most recently the dashboard issue (temp gauge and clock) which I have repaired myself. I am currently going through a mission to repair the air-con which has been re-gassed, apparently no leaks, operating fine, however after having it re-gassed, a couple of days later it now doesn't blow ice cool air (any thoughts on this one?)

However, what it a little more pressing at the moment is that the electrical switches on the centre console have out of the blue, stopped working. I have checked and replaced all the fuses relating to this equipment as designated in the main engine fuse box (they actually were not blown) All show commonality with Fuse No. 7 (7.5amp) which is now new.

This hasn't cured the problem.

The buttons that have stopped working are, driver and passenger electric windows, electric mirror buttons and joystick and the boot/trunk release.

Can anyone provide some much needed help?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Marus; 11-01-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Additional Information