CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 430 headlight help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK 430
Cool CLK 430 headlight help please!

So I'm relatively new to this site, this being by first post/question, so please bare with me! OK-- So I've had 8000k HID bulbs in my headlights for probably two years now. They look excellent, until the left side burned out a few days ago. NOW this brings me to two questions: 1. Is there a big difference in quality of bulbs as far as what "looks" the best, or what lasts the longest? Or are most D2R HID bulbs the "same"? I'm asking because I have been looking on ebay, and don't want to spend an arm
and a leg if there's not a huge difference. (When I bought the pair that's in there, I think they were on the cheap end of things online...). AND also.. 2. I want to order bulbs to match my headlights (8000k), for my parking lights (inner bubbles, for lack of a better term? Model 64132 bulbs). I've done some looking around, but it seems I can't get a straight answer of what will match them the best (since they are not HID's). From my research I'm leaning towards LED's...but what color? Some say xenon-white... I just want to be sure they will match! PLEASE any help WILL help! 64132 is the model bulb for the parking lights. OH and while we're at it, how about my fog lights (H1)? Are they replaceable bulbs? What's the best way to get all of my lights on the front end of my car to match my HID 8000k's?! THANKS very much for any insight!!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2008 G55 AMG
autolumination.com is a great site for all of those bulbs. You are better off buying your headlight bulbs in pairs. It would be pretty unlikely to buy a different model hid bulb and ballast, and have it be the same color. try the search function for bulbs and any other questions