CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Harmonic dampener tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 CLK 430, 84 v8 rx7, 97 gtp grand prix
Harmonic dampener tool

Hey Guy's just finished replacing the Harmonic Dampener or balancer I think it's also called in my 99 clk 430.

So anyway after pricing the tool at MB I decided to make my own, picks below.

I won't be needing it any more so I thought I'd offer it up here for someone else to save some cash. I have about 50 bucks into materials so will pass it on for that plus the actual shipping, I have an extension that lets it hit the ground so you don't have to try to hold it which I will include if wanted, you just pay the shipping. The entire holder is made of stainless steel and the handle (reversible) is held on with grade 8 bolts, it fits between the rad and dampener so you don't have to remove the rad or anything. I know it looks a little crude but it works perfectly and is very strong which is a good thing considering how tight this bolt is that holds the dampener on.

Anyways, if your interested just shoot me a pm

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Harmonic dampener tool-img_4716.jpg   Harmonic dampener tool-img_4717.jpg   Harmonic dampener tool-img_4719.jpg   Harmonic dampener tool-img_4718.jpg