CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help: Driver's Side Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS250
Help: Driver's Side Window

My mom has a 2001 CLK320 Convertible. The driver's side window will not go up but it will go down perfectly. After pressing the button to go up repeatedly the window eventually goes back up (it can take up to an hour). Every time you press the up button you can hear a clicking noise in the door. Since the window doesn't go up, it doesn't seal whenever you close the door and unfortunately leaks when it rains. I've also tried closing the window using the key. The three other windows go up fine expect for the driver. I've searched for weeks trying to figure out the problem but nothing comes up. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
try reseting the window switches, if that didnt work, check the weather striping rubber that goes inside the door by the side view mirror area, sometimes when that gets old this happens and doesnt allow the window to go up. if this is the case try rubbing some urithaine greece and adjusting he window angle from under the door(you'll see two holes covered with rubber gromets pop the gromets out and the adjustment screws are there), angle the window a little more backwards.

if its not wither one of those then you have a faulty switch and control box.