CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ext Warranty from Courtesy Motors...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:12 AM
ktm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ext Warranty from Courtesy Motors...

Nearing my one year limit (May 30) and at the advice of some here, I attempted to buy an extended warranty from Lisa at Courtesy Motors in CA. The savings was substantial (about $800) over my local dealer's price and she got high marks from others here who had dealt with her. I faxed all the paperwork and cc # in early May and everything was cool.

Today, she has not billed my cc yet, won't fax me anything, won't mail me anything and I am not in the MB computer as having a warranty, and I'm a month past the time where I can obtain a warranty from anyone else.

I have called her and actually reached her 7 times. She has been apologetic, cheerful and pleasant each time. She first said that her assistant processes the orders in batches and hadn't gotten to them yet. After a few weeks of this, she said they were having computer problems. After a few more weeks, she said they were upgrading their computers and that she would process it herself within a few days. She has promised to fax me a copy of my order from the MB computer 5 times now, and has never done so.

I would contact her supervisor but I don't want to **** her off as she could simply tear up my order. I can't very well cancel the order and go elsewhere because it's too late.

Has anyone else dealt with her...or ordered a warranty from her lately?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2003, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Here is my experience..... I bought a warranty from her in January 2003 about 2 weeks before my 1 year anniversary.

Days following, I repeatedly contacted her, and she told me that it was processed. About 2-3 weeks later, I get my copy of the contract mailed to me, so, of course, I am happy and glad everything went well.

About 3 months later in April, I take my car in for service and I ask my advisor to check to see if my extended warranty shows on the system.... to my surprise, the answer was NO! There was no sign of an extended warranty purchased for this car.

At first I was very pissed, as anyone would be. I then contacted Lisa and she said that, sometimes the people at MBUSA are a little slow at getting these extended warranties in their system (although 3 months seem like plenty of time for me).

During month 4 (May 2003), she assured me it should be in the system by end of May since MBUSA is updating their system, and their target date for migration was end of May, so it had to be in there. So, I said OK, and was happily waiting for good news.

Month 5 (2nd week of June 2003), I receive an email from her, stating that MBUSA didn't make the deadline of updating & inputting all their extended warranties in the system. They have since pushed back their deadline to the end of June, and she assures me that this time, they will get everything in.

She also told me that she will fax/mail me a copy of the information showing proof that the extended warranty is in the system once it has been entered.

So, as to my experience, its been 5 Months, I have nothing real to show for it yet, except the fact that I'm out a few thousand dollars....

I too would like to hear about other people's experiences from dealing with Lisa.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:34 PM

2002 CLK320
just wondering, how much did all of you pay for the extended?

I know in San Francisco, they wanted $2750 for a 3 year extended. That was full price.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:35 PM
ktm

Mine was $2290 for a 2002 CLK320. I also have absolutely nothing to show for it...no faxes, no letters, despite repeated promises to do so.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:44 PM

asdf
I called Lisa over 10 times and each time she has never picked up. I left 4 messages with her, but she has never returned my calls. My existing warantee is over now
Old 06-26-2003, 01:50 PM
ktm

She will not return calls or emails. I learned that long ago.

My concern now is whether the warranty is even legit. So far, I don't see anyone posting here who has been to their own dealer and had work done under a warranty purchased from Courtesy Motors. I mean the extended factory warranty, not an insurance policy from a third party.

The savings may not have been worthy of the trouble. I just wonder what I have really purchased at this point, if anything.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:57 PM

i got mine from her last year and received paperwork within a month, but dont know if its in the dealer's system. is there any way to check? i paid $1700 for 4yr/50k MBZ Prem xtended warranty. kinda got worried after reading mmgrads post
Old 06-26-2003, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by thuged_out
i got mine from her last year and received paperwork within a month, but dont know if its in the dealer's system. is there any way to check? i paid $1700 for 4yr/50k MBZ Prem xtended warranty. kinda got worried after reading mmgrads post
All you need to do is go to the dealer or call your advisor, and it will show on their system if you have an extended warranty.

Or, if you serviced your car after you bought the warranty, just look on your printout... it will tell you when the warranty will expire.

By the way, I paid $2,190 for my 7yr/100,000 warranty. If I don't see it on the system soon (been 5 months now), I will definitely be in touch with MBUSA with legal aid if needed. I do have paperwork, receipt, and all emails exchanged.

I suggest everyone who's purchased a warranty from Lisa check with your service advisor to see if the warranty is showing on their system. It should be in the central MBUSA database, so every dealership will have access to the info.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:26 PM

2002 CLK320
I think 5 months is already way too long for it not to show up in the system. Call MBUSA and demand that it get fixed. You have the backup receipts and they have had your cash for almost half a year.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:31 PM

CLK 320
I have not dealt with her but if you call any dealership in North Carolina they will tell you that a Mercedes extened warranty must be purchased within 1 year of owning the car. I paid a little over $3000 for an extra 5years/50000miles from AAA of North Carolina. It 'mirrors' my factory warranty. There is no paying and getting reimbursed, there is a number for the shop to call and AAA will give them a credit card number right then. They cover labor rates at any shop. Of course the guy told me that if he was me he would take it to a MB dealership. He also said if labor rates vary at dealerships around the country they will pay whatever that rate is. Lots of warranties come back and say they will only cover like $20 an hour. I have yet to have to use the warranty but I will post the results when I do. They offer 12 monthly payments with no interst as well which worked out for me.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:31 PM
ktm

bmac...

You have purchased something different from what we are buying. We bought within the first year of ownership of a new vehicle. These are extended factory warranties, no third party involved...usually total coverage is 7yrs/100K.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:39 AM

2001 CLK430 Cab.
I believe Lisa sells a Daimler/Chrysler extended warranty which is just another aftermarket warranty. I've spoken to her several times (once I was able to reach her) and learned several things I didn't like :

The warranty isn't provided by MB but by Daimler chrysler - a different animal. Also, the car always had to be taken to a MB dealer for repairs whether you were near one or not.: while this is usually fine, I wanted a choice of a MB dealer or any other repair shop.

While researching Daimler Chrysler extended warranties, I was also told by other Damler/Chrysler warranty sellers that my car would have to be first taken to a Chrysler dealer and they would decide to fix it themselves or take it to a MB dealer.

Also Lisa seemed to be a little overwhelmed by the entire process - failed faxes and emails/phone calls from her to me, etc. She also could NOT (or would not) get me a brochure explaining her warranty. I insist on seeing things in black and white.

I finally went with Warranty Gold which was less expensive and as comprehensive. Haven't used it yet but the local MB dealer/service people told me they had excellent rapport with Warranty Gold.

YMMV - Don S.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:46 PM

CLK 320
KTM, I missed the nearing 1 year part of the original post opps! I thought that you guys were buying MB extended warranties after the first year.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by CLK 2001 Cab
I believe Lisa sells a Daimler/Chrysler extended warranty which is just another aftermarket warranty. I've spoken to her several times (once I was able to reach her) and learned several things I didn't like :

The warranty isn't provided by MB but by Daimler chrysler - a different animal. Also, the car always had to be taken to a MB dealer for repairs whether you were near one or not.: while this is usually fine, I wanted a choice of a MB dealer or any other repair shop.

While researching Daimler Chrysler extended warranties, I was also told by other Damler/Chrysler warranty sellers that my car would have to be first taken to a Chrysler dealer and they would decide to fix it themselves or take it to a MB dealer.

Also Lisa seemed to be a little overwhelmed by the entire process - failed faxes and emails/phone calls from her to me, etc. She also could NOT (or would not) get me a brochure explaining her warranty. I insist on seeing things in black and white.

I finally went with Warranty Gold which was less expensive and as comprehensive. Haven't used it yet but the local MB dealer/service people told me they had excellent rapport with Warranty Gold.

YMMV - Don S.
on my contract it says "Mercedes-Benz Premium Extended Warranty", not daimler/chrysler. it doesnt say anything about taking it to a chrysler dealer. i think ur talking about a different warranty.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lisa sells both warranties... well, supposedly.

My contract states it is a Mercedes Extended limited warranty. She can also sell you the Daimler warranty if you are past the 1 year mark...
Old 06-30-2003, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is Heritage any good? I just got a quote today 4year/100k mile for $3,015.

-Bruce
Old 07-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Almost a Member!

clk430conv
Unhappy Do I have to worry??

Does anyone know if she is legitamate. I got a warranty from her almost two years ago. Is it real??
Old 07-06-2003, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Do I have to worry??

Originally posted by Bob R
Does anyone know if she is legitamate. I got a warranty from her almost two years ago. Is it real??
Worry?? If you enjoy that state, go on! Or...

Go to your MB dealership and see if you are in the official MB database -- that is, if you indeed bought the MB premium extended warranty during the first year of ownership.

If, not --- well: WORRY.:o

I did buy the MB premium extended from Lisa within the first year. It is on the MB database, - I got a printout from my local MB dealership, shortly after I purchased it from Lisa.

LISA SAVED ME: $1K!!

Old 07-06-2003, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Do I have to worry??

Originally posted by karl k
Worry?? If you enjoy that state, go on! Or...

Go to your MB dealership and see if you are in the official MB database -- that is, if you indeed bought the MB premium extended warranty during the first year of ownership.

If, not --- well: WORRY.:o

I did buy the MB premium extended from Lisa within the first year. It is on the MB database, - I got a printout from my local MB dealership, shortly after I purchased it from Lisa.

LISA SAVED ME: $1K!!

Karl, I've been waiting for your response to this thread for a long time... Thanks for the reassurance...

i was only worried since its been over 5 months and the car is still not in the system, and I know for SURE that what I bought was the MB Premium Extended Warranty, which was purchased before the 1yr mark..
Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Re: Do I have to worry??

Originally posted by mmgrad
Karl, I've been waiting for your response to this thread for a long time... Thanks for the reassurance...

i was only worried since its been over 5 months and the car is still not in the system, and I know for SURE that what I bought was the MB Premium Extended Warranty, which was purchased before the 1yr mark..
If you have documentation from Lisa that you purchased as you stated, you are covered.

It took several weeks before my credit card was charged, and another month before MB entered it into the official database.

Lisa mailed me the policy with all details, -- but I also got a printout from my Florida MB dealership's service dept., indicating 100,000 mile MB coverage and the expiration date w/specifics re my 2002 AMG CLK.

If I should sell prior to the expiration, the premium extended transfers to a private party buyer.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Just wondering if this was the same Lisa you are talking about..

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/mess...8&id=38&view=t
Old 07-16-2003, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ELENI
Just wondering if this was the same Lisa you are talking about..

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/mess...8&id=38&view=t
yup... thats the same person... her full name is Lisa Marie Lehrbaum...
Mid July now, and I'm still waiting for my warranty to be in the computer... sigh
Old 07-16-2003, 07:42 PM

2006 E350
Originally posted by mmgrad
yup... thats the same person... her full name is Lisa Marie Lehrbaum...
Mid July now, and I'm still waiting for my warranty to be in the computer... sigh
Wow that really stinks. I can imagine how frustrating it is. I got excited when I saw group deal on an extended warranty but then remembered the name.

It's a good thing I read your post.

I was thinking of going for an extended warranty as my 99 430 is out of warranty but I am not sure if I could even get one now or if its even worth it.

I wish you luck with your warranty issues. Hope everything works out.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Maybe someone should ask in that post what is taking their warranties so long to take effect?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Mach430
Maybe someone should ask in that post what is taking their warranties so long to take effect?
I've been on the phone with Lisa many many many MANY times... and this is what the conclusion is...

MBUSA has switched the system... they use to go by the system where, you go in, buy an extended warranty by filling out a paper form, which the dealer then sends over to MBUSA to enter into a central database.

This use to be fairly easy, but then Lisa said, last 2 month (which I believe was March-April back then), they received 65,000 applications for extended warranties. Thats a lotta freaking VIN's and stuff to process...

Well, that, grouped with the ones from Jan-Feb, MBUSA had a lot to process. For the most part, all those applicants were processed... but about 1% of the people still didn't get entered... and I was part of that unlucky 1%... so Lisa is still trying to weed out the problems and get me into the system ASAP!!!

Lisa is a real nice person, and I have faith that she will take care of things, so for those considering a warranty from her, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And, some news about MBUSA... they decided to upgrade their system for processing warranties & other stuff... Using a more automated system where each F&I Manager at a dealership can directly enter in an extended warranty into the central database from their own terminal.

This technically should have fixed my problem as Lisa could just enter it into the system herself, but unfortunately, she said the site is still having problems, so she still can't do anything at this point.

As for my case, she is still working with people from MBUSA to try and get mine in... she also has another client that has been waiting as long as I have for the warranty (about 1 week longer than I)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ext Warranty from Courtesy Motors...