CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Other models w/ interchangeable wheels as the W208?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
Other models w/ interchangeable wheels as the W208?

Is there anywhere to get a definitive source for what other MB chassis wheels are interchangeable with the w208? I know everyone keeps saying that it depends on the offset, but that can be so arbitrary when it comes to looking for set of replacement OEM wheels.

I really want a set of the AMG style spoke wheels for my w208 but I'm terrified to buy a set from another chassis for fear they won't fit correctly.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I know everyone keeps saying that it depends on the offset, but that can be so arbitrary when it comes to looking for set of replacement OEM wheels.
There is nothing arbitrary about it. If the offset is wrong it won’t work or you need spacers. Even if someone said all W209 or W210 rims will fit. How do you know that the ones you are looking at came stock on the car they are being taken off of? For instance my car came with E55 wheels. Basically you just need to find the correct bolt pattern and et. There are rims that come on different make and models of cars that will work on yours. How would you go about looking at aftermarket rims? Would you just trust the site to know? Another thing to consider about offset is where you want the rim to sit. It comes down to the fact that there isn’t just one et and size that fits so you just have to do your homework.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
one size fits?

Originally Posted by insame1
There is nothing arbitrary about it. If the offset is wrong it won’t work or you need spacers. Even if someone said all W209 or W210 rims will fit. How do you know that the ones you are looking at came stock on the car they are being taken off of? For instance my car came with E55 wheels. Basically you just need to find the correct bolt pattern and et. There are rims that come on different make and models of cars that will work on yours. How would you go about looking at aftermarket rims? Would you just trust the site to know? Another thing to consider about offset is where you want the rim to sit. It comes down to the fact that there isn’t just one et and size that fits so you just have to do your homework.
Obviously the 35mm offset which is oem will fit. but you have to consider the width of the rim, the offset, the tire size and has your car been lowered. the higher # the offset the further in the rim moves. the lower the number etc. if you go with a 40+mm offset you will probably need spacers and longer wheel lugs to move the tire and rim back out for the front. the rear you have a lot of room to get creative and can go probably 10" wide and 30mm offset. But, you want to keep the car tracking correctly. I have 32mm offset with 8" wide rims and the tires are oem diameter and the car is lowered about an inch. I could have gone w/wider rims and bigger tires in back but why bother with a 320. It would only be for looks. find some rims and tires you like then call one of the tire reps like tirerack for an opinion.