CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tired of Evosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tired of Evosport

Hi,

I ordered pre-painted reflectors from evosport about 4 months ago (crazy)anyways, still haven't gotten them and would just prefer to do them myself. The delimma I face is finding the right color to match my bumber which is grey, I called the dealership and the color is really alto-grey, anyone know where I can get this? thanx in advance.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Tired of Evosport

Originally posted by lionj
Hi,

I ordered pre-painted reflectors from evosport about 4 months ago (crazy)anyways, still haven't gotten them and would just prefer to do them myself. The delimma I face is finding the right color to match my bumber which is grey, I called the dealership and the color is really alto-grey, anyone know where I can get this? thanx in advance.
Sorry, but this topic has been beaten to death and back... to make a long story short, its not up to them when they can deliver your pre-painted markers... they have a body shop paint if for them (perhaps one they feel would represent their level of quality), but for any paint shop to paint such a SMALL piece, their profit margin is slim, so of course, they will handle all bigger jobs first. Which leave pre-painted markers at the bottom of the pile...

If you want to pre-paint it yourself, you can always go to the dealer and get a bottle or 2 of their factory touch up paint... then just spray it on... that should be a perfect match.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Yeah I believe there is a hold up with their german contact? And I guess the painting process takes a little bit of time as well...
Old 07-03-2003, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Sorry to hear about your problems...I wanted a set of the lenses myself, but now I am not too sure...
Old 07-03-2003, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Just take your existing marker lights to any body shop and they should be able to do an exact match for about 50 bucks. It's NOT hard people! ;0)
Old 07-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SoCalCLK
Sorry to hear about your problems...I wanted a set of the lenses myself, but now I am not too sure...
Waited about the same for mine but it's worth it!
Old 07-04-2003, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Sorry, but this topic has been beaten to death and back... to make a long story short, its not up to them when they can deliver your pre-painted markers... they have a body shop paint if for them (perhaps one they feel would represent their level of quality), but for any paint shop to paint such a SMALL piece, their profit margin is slim, so of course, they will handle all bigger jobs first. Which leave pre-painted markers at the bottom of the pile...

..........I don't think pre-painted side lenses is the only issue with Evosport. Many on this forum have had really very bad experiences with Evosport which has generally gone unreported partly because of Evosports relationship with this forum. If you do a lot of mods to your car, you know that the absolute worst place as far as customer care is Oberklasse, then comes Evosport. Evosport ultimate;ly delivers what they offer even if it takes 10 times as long as it should take. You never hear from them regarding the delay. Forget it if you want to call or e-mail them. Apparently their business model does not include having people to answer customer enquiries. AS A RESULT IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER AND THEIR IS NO GLITCH, THEN YOU THINK EVOSPORT IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. bUT IF THEIR EVER IS A GLITCH, DEALING WITH EVOSPORT MAKES YOU WANT TO SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE HEAD. YoU CANNOT REACH ANYONE, AND THEY DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. TYPICAL TURN AROUND TIME FOR THEM TO RETURN YOUR CALL IS ABOUT 10 DAYS. But they are still a shade better than Oberklasse who never ever return a call.

Ted
Old 07-04-2003, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Ted Baldwin

..........I don't think pre-painted side lenses is the only issue with Evosport. Many on this forum have had really very bad experiences with Evosport which has generally gone unreported partly because of Evosports relationship with this forum. If you do a lot of mods to your car, you know that the absolute worst place as far as customer care is Oberklasse, then comes Evosport. Evosport ultimate;ly delivers what they offer even if it takes 10 times as long as it should take. You never hear from them regarding the delay. Forget it if you want to call or e-mail them. Apparently their business model does not include having people to answer customer enquiries. AS A RESULT IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER AND THEIR IS NO GLITCH, THEN YOU THINK EVOSPORT IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. bUT IF THEIR EVER IS A GLITCH, DEALING WITH EVOSPORT MAKES YOU WANT TO SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE HEAD. YoU CANNOT REACH ANYONE, AND THEY DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. TYPICAL TURN AROUND TIME FOR THEM TO RETURN YOUR CALL IS ABOUT 10 DAYS. But they are still a shade better than Oberklasse who never ever return a call.

Ted
Evosport have very good customer service and both Brad and Ben are always working, they've helped me a lot on my car. Ben is always there when I call Evosport, if he's not there I usually just e-mail him Ben@evosport.com, he returned all my e-mails in just couple of hours depending on if he's using his computer. Maybe this pre-painted lense lag is getting a little too long but when you get it, you'll be 10 times as happy.

-Bruce
Old 07-04-2003, 04:01 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
Ted, finally someone has to ***** to speak freely about Evosport. I am tired of hearing how great Evosport is when there are people out there who have bad experiences with them but are afraid to speak up. To me customer service start from the initial sale inquiry to at least 30 days after receiving the good or service depending on what it is. From my observation it seem like Evosport customer service stop after they pocket your money. Like Ted said if you dealt with Evosport and there is no glitch, then you think Evosport has good customer service. To me good customer service means that when there is a problem with your order, the company will go out of there way to make it right even if they have to take a lost the on the sale to do so. In the case of painted side marker, if they can't deliver a product in a timely manner whatever the reason is (lack of body shop, low profit margin, or whatever) then they should stop selling it or increase the price to where it is profitable.

Kevin

Last edited by KevinV; 07-04-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Thanks for the input. Open and honest feedback is an important step in growing and improving a business. We take these comments seriusly and try to improve where we can. I can give you a list of many cusotmers whom we have gone WAY out of the way for and LOST monsy on the sale. The reality is that only the unhappy customers post and no one can make 100% of their customers happy. We do try and we do take any criticisms seriously and work to remedy the situation.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Banned

Re: Tired of Evosport

Originally posted by lionj
... The delimma I face is finding the right color to match my bumber which is grey, I called the dealership and the color is really alto-grey, anyone know where I can get this? thanx in advance.
It shouldn't be a problem looking for a perfect color match for your paint.

If you open your car's bonnet (hood), you will find a metal plate (on Mercedes Benz cars) with a bunch of numbers and holes attached to the channel near the hood latch by 2 philips screws. Just take a snapshot of those numbers (handwritten copy on a paper or embossed stencil) and take it to a reputable paint shop or store that has the equipment to decipher that information. Those numbers tell the paint mixing computer how much of each paint element should be mixed together, including but not limited to the tint and clear coat.

Originally posted my mmgrad
...they have a body shop paint if for them (perhaps one they feel would represent their level of quality), but for any paint shop to paint such a SMALL piece, their profit margin is slim, so of course, they will handle all bigger jobs first. Which leave pre-painted markers at the bottom of the pile...
Believe it or not, painting smaller custom jobs often (but not all the time) result in larger profits... relatively speaking in materials and shop time, but not necessarily labor. As a general rule, the longer a job (any job) stays in the shop bay, the less the bottom-line compounded profit.

To cite an example, painting a bumper skin may cost at least $700 as an estimate. It may take up to 2-3 days to properly prep, shoot and colorsand the piece. Since it is a big piece, appearance is critical so time needs to be spent in perfecting the final product. After all the flag hours and overhead are deducted, the net profit might be $50 to the shop's net bottom-line profit.

In contrast, to paint a ducktail trunk spoiler (like those on the M3) will run about $200 and will net the same $50 profit as the bumper skin job. However, this piece would only require less than a day to finish.

Just my thoughts.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Thanks for the input. Open and honest feedback is an important step in growing and improving a business. We take these comments seriusly and try to improve where we can. I can give you a list of many cusotmers whom we have gone WAY out of the way for and LOST monsy on the sale. The reality is that only the unhappy customers post and no one can make 100% of their customers happy. We do try and we do take any criticisms seriously and work to remedy the situation

..............I actually don't think that this topic is controversial out all or simply a matter of opinion. All you need to do is pick the phone and call Evosport. YOU WILL GET A BUSY SIGNAL. Mr. Ootpalik, I well come you do the same and post the result. Yes, I know the excuses..........you have too many orders and lots of customers callin........with that many orders, that gives you all the more reason to hire more people simply answer the phone. Like I said, this is not an issue of opinion.......I challenge anyone to pick up the phone and dial Evosport and post your result factually.

Ted
Old 07-05-2003, 02:29 AM

Ted,

I wholeheartedly agree with you, that's another reason I'm cancelling my order, evosport has poor customer service. The supply does not meet the demand, economics 101. Everytime I call, it's a busy signal or I get a message telling me to leave a message at which point they don't even return my call, nuff said, they lost me as a customer.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:13 AM

MB SL55, MB S55, Porsche 997.1, BMW M6, BMW X5, Audi B8 S4
[B]..............I actually don't think that this topic is controversial out all or simply a matter of opinion. All you need to do is pick the phone and call Evosport. YOU WILL GET A BUSY SIGNAL. Mr. Ootpalik, I well come you do the same and post the result. Yes, I know the excuses..........you have too many orders and lots of customers callin........with that many orders, that gives you all the more reason to hire more people simply answer the phone. Like I said, this is not an issue of opinion.......I challenge anyone to pick up the phone and dial Evosport and post your result factually.

Ted
Ted,
My experience differs from yours. I've been pleased with the help provided by the Evosport guys.

While completing my latest BMW project, I started a Mercedes project. I have called Brad, Ben, Tom and Vadim on a number of occasions. I am familar with most European cars but I needed to get up to speed on MBs. The calls varied from technical discussions to purchasing parts. So far, I have purchased the following parts from Evosport: H&R Sport springs, Konis Lorinser roof wing and Lorinser deck lid.

You issued a challenge for an alternate experience based on facts. The fact in my case is, I have ordered the parts via the telephone and received the parts to date in a timely manner with no issues. I would not have been able to get the parts or know their names if I got a busy signal on every call. Due to the nature of my business, I have very limited time to order parts. I would not tolerate continuous busy signals. I would take my business somewhere else. I would not have a problem finding an alternate source for my MB project.

Please note I am not trying to incite a flame war. I respect your opinion and have taken care not to bash your opinion. Messageboards can be great places to share information if we allow people to share their knowledge and experiences in a respectful manner. I am answering your request for an alternate post based on facts. My positive opinion of Evosport is based on my own personal experience dealing with them. I hope others will have similar experiences and Evosport continues to strive to improve. I hope you don't take this as a personal attack, it's definately not my intention.

Regards,
DC

PS. Evosport, you may want to drop the painted markers from your line. It's like .....

Last edited by DC@neowerkes; 07-06-2003 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............nothing in your post remotely resembles a personal attack. But your post illustrates my point. I have had glitch free transactions with Evosport. Typically, I will order the item on-line and will receive it a bit late but generaklly in acceptable time frame. This not the issue. If you ever have the misfortune of having a glitch in your transaction, you are truly in for a problem. No mechanisms exist to IDENTIFY the problem let alone solve it. For instance, the gentleman that ordered pre-painted side markers and had not received it in 4 months, should be getting updated messages from Evosport letting him know the status of his order, the reason for the delay and the expected time for resolution. This has nothing tpo do with whether or not the hold up is in Germany or in Africa. Unlike other businesses. at Evosport, you have no opprtunity to track your order. You should be able to enter your order number and find out the status of your order....just like other businesses. Kindly go back to Evosport's website and let me know if you see this fearture.

.........Regarding busy signals, I don't know what number you are calling. You may wish to share with the rest of us what number you call in order to reach a live human being at Evosport. Evosports number is 888-520-9971. If you tell me that you have been dialling this number and never got a busy signal, then you maybe being a little less than factual or maybe I need some of your magic. My understanding from talking to other forum members is that a busy signal at Evosport is a universal phenonmenon.

Ted
Old 07-06-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Founder

Ted,

I have tried to be polite and understanding, but I think you are a bit frustrated at the wrong folks.

YOU ordered a part from Classic Collision, NOT evosport. Classic Collision did not order that part from us till over 3 weeks AFTER they told you they had ordered it. Then, we had to wait for Lorinser to deliver the special order part from Germany. We told you that as you were not the customer, Classic Collision was, that we could not give you info on the order. Ben did as a courtesy, but that is not the norm. We consistently updated Classic Collision. If they told you a different story or lied to you about the timing of the order, then your beef is with them, not us.

Yes, the phone is busy sometimes. That is our phone system, we do not have 10 incoming lines with a $15K switch. We are a small company and are growing and implementing better technology to deal with the growth as we go.

However, blaming us for not communicating with you on an order placed with someone else is not right.

As to better communicating on back orders with our customers, this is something that I agree we need to improve on and will implement a procedure this week. However, again, you were NOT the customer.

Lionj, I am sorry for the delay, it is a very frustrating thing for us too and we feel helpless. We may need to do as DC says and simply stop selling the items.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback from those that are trying to be constructive!

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-06-2003, 02:56 PM

MB SL55, MB S55, Porsche 997.1, BMW M6, BMW X5, Audi B8 S4
[B.........Regarding busy signals, I don't know what number you are calling. You may wish to share with the rest of us what number you call in order to reach a live human being at Evosport. Evosports number is 888-520-9971. If you tell me that you have been dialling this number and never got a busy signal, then you maybe being a little less than factual or maybe I need some of your magic. My understanding from talking to other forum members is that a busy signal at Evosport is a universal phenonmenon.

Ted [/B]
Here's the numbers used to contact Evosport 888-520-9971 and 714-731-6040. I use the (714) number while in the local area and I use the (888) while on travel. Re read my post, I did not state "I never got a busy signal." But in this post, I will state, I never got a busy signal. I have had the voicemail activate but no busy signal. Like LowRyder, I left a message and got a call back. In my situation, I was pleased with the response time and contents of the response.

I see that Brad is trying to work on this issue. My personal opinion is that he is not just ignoring the complaint. Read his post.

Time in this life is too short to be consumed with this thread. The day is beautiful here in Ca, I'm going surfing and enjoy a good 'ole BBQ.

Happy Independence Day weekend,
DC
Old 07-06-2003, 09:57 PM

13 S550 4Matic
I'm not a huge EvoSport Customer, but Ben has always been available for advice if I've needed it. I'm not trying to say that Ted may not have a point I don't know, but I guess I'm another one of the Glitch free people. As a business owner myself I understand that it is impossible to please everyone. The more you grow the more people that get pissed hahaha. Oh well just a fact of life.

I say EvoSport keep doing What you are doing!

DC has a great point as well! Life is too short so enjoy life! If you have a problem Eliminate it don't keep re-hashing it. Go out and BBQ hahaha:p

Last edited by CiLKY; 07-06-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
I have tried to be polite and understanding, but I think you are a bit frustrated at the wrong folks.

YOU ordered a part from Classic Collision, NOT evosport. Classic Collision did not order that part from us till over 3 weeks AFTER they told you they had ordered it. Then, we had to wait for Lorinser to deliver the special order part from Germany. We told you that as you were not the customer, Classic Collision was, that we could not give you info on the order. Ben did as a courtesy, but that is not the norm. We consistently updated Classic Collision. If they told you a different story or lied to you about the timing of the order, then your beef is with them, not us

............I did not want to bring up the issue of the bumper that was ordered from you that arrived 8weeks later than it was promised with no info from you regarding the reason for the delay. You have chosen to bring it up. But instead of continuing with that, I will post the comments of yet another "frustrated" board member. Maybe you can also tell us whose fault other than Evosport. Here it is below. This was posted on 5/16/2003. An it relates directly to the inability of customers to reach anyone and get a response from Evosport. Please do not delete it. You can continue to say ignore this problem or you can admit it exists and fix it.

Of course, I contacted evosport first before anyone else. Ben said he would look into it as he saw it pictured in the catalogue. When I didn't here back from him I e-mailed him again. Then I went out serching for myself. I was directed to Spreewell by alexbenz as that is where he got his. They started off great and got me pricing and even an ETA, then I started having trouble getting a hold of them. They also never returned my calls and I was calling them to send the money for the order. I then contacted Ben at evosport again for some help and with the info. that I was given from Spreewell. Ben's reponse was, "the price is about the same as ours and make sure it is authentic." That didn't help me, I still wanted to purchase the bumper through him so I e-mailed him once again for info. before I went ahead and ordered the bumper from someone else. NO RESPONSE! I even apologized to Ben if I was being a bother as I really wanted the bumper and noone would help. Finally, I called Carlsson myself and spoke to the rep. there in Germany. He asked me to explain my situation and so I did. He apologized for the neglect I received from everyone and then asked me for my info. Within an hour I had a quote on pricing, shipping and avail! He told me that they were starting to produce the bumpers again on request and that he could airfreight it for me immediately. I placed the order with him and now waiting on instructions to wire the money before he ships it.

I don't want to talk down Ben or evosport but I all I have to say is that I did not get the service I expected. Maybe Ben was really busy but if he at least told me that, I would have been content. I see Ben on-line here all the time yet it seemed that I was bothering him. Sorry Ben, no offense to you or your organization but I am just stating my experience. No hard feelings though and I look forward to even purchasing other items from Ben at evosport in the future as I have heard great things about them. I just didn't get the service that I had heard so much about. Thanks anyway and I can't wait for the arrival of my new bumper from Carlsson. I will post some pics. once it's painted an on the car.

Regards...J

Carlsson Rear Bumper (front bumper at the bodyshop)
MY00+ E class taillights, side rockers & blinking mirrors
Brabus Sport wood/leather steering wheel
Custom wood interior door handles, shift knob & chrome shift surround
& still modding!
Old 07-06-2003, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Founder

Ted,

First, WE AGREE, the delay is a problem we are trying to get a hold of. Please stop beating this horse. We are workign on it! Also, VERY FEW companies in this industry have such an order status page, FYI. It is a good idea, but the security risks are large and implementing such a feature is very tricky.

Second, the bumper was delivered as promised to Classic. YOU WERE NOT THE CUSTOMER. You were not to be given info. We told you NUMEROUS times that Classic had NOT ordered the part when you were told they did. We communicated with them on a weekly basis. You kept calling, and we told you that we were informing Classic Collision. THEY were our customer, not you! Please understand, Classic Collision gave you the incorrect expectations, first by not ordering the bumper for 3+ weeks AFTER you placed your order with them, then by not accurately telling you the ETA. In fact, it sat at Classic for 4 business days without them even knowing it was there!

As to Carlsson, we have informed everyone who had called, we would not be selling Carlsson until a single US distributor was set-up. We were working to that goal and did nto have accurate pricing or delivery time.

In summation, the problem has been noted by us, we are trying to find ways to communicate in a more efficient manner. However, with only 4 people here to man phones, we cannot answer every call. The answer is not "hire more people" as it takes 6-9 months to find and train people to do sales for these parts/cars. We are always on the hunt.

Customer service after the sale however is excellent. That is our focus. We have chosen to focus on service customers who have bought products rather then those looking. As we have stated, we have limited resources, and we would rather cater to those who are customers then those who are potential customers. We feel this is better then giving all pre-sales service then forgetting about you once you have a problem with the part.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-07-2003, 02:47 AM

(This is long)
While I too am waiting on my lens covers, I have this to say.

An easy fix to that is just put a note on the site about expected delays based on production runs.

Anyway, the MB aftermarket and tuner world is full liars and bull**** artists.

There are so many things I have tried to do with my CLK's. Rear-end assembly (from Oberklasse, never came), torque convertor (Level 10, found out the EGS will spaz), cams (MKB, never happened), headers (MKB, never happened, waiting for Evosport), cold-air intake (well, that was me, going with ITG), NOS(local tuner), supercharger(now everyone loves Kleemann here)....

When I ask these tuners what I could expect from making the modifications in regard to performance times, very few have answered honestly. MKB could give nothing, Kleemann (initially had no 1/4 miles times to post), HPS (still does not have a 1/4 mile slip for a CLK55), Renntech (after Stage 1 and 2), Brabus(they actually told me their clients do not run their cars for 1/4 mile times).

Everyone has an agenda out there to sell their own product. Tuners bash each other ruthlessly. This is business as usual.

In regards to Evosport, I have had extensive conversations with Simon. I have bounced ideas off of him where he told me what they have heard about or tried and what did or didn't work.

They told me that changing the exhaust we not yield any real gains. They could have told 15hp. I would have not known anyway. Every other car I did the exhaust on yielded at least that much HP.

They did mention things like headers for the CLK a little to soon and are having issues with the lense covers.

They did not have performance information for the rear-end assembly, just that it felt better. But NOBODY I spoke to gave me this information in the US and Germany.

They are not in control of how fast the Eisenmann exhaust comes in, as some in this forum believe.

The point is there are many other tuners and suppliers out there I would not want to work with that I won't mention.

From my experience the best out there is Tire Rack. Evosport has been great to me. (except for my lense covers. They actually did send them to me in 2/03, but to my old address and the people there kept them for their Sentra).

We aren't buying Mass Airs for Mustangs. We do not have a catalog of 20,000 items for our cars.

I do have one request though, EvoSport and Kleemann need to be less defensive and more reactive to posts that question your service or your claims.

It is really inexcusable to not be able to find a paint shop for over four months. Hire a painter for the day and rent a spray booth on a Sunday.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted,

I am sorry that your dealings with us have not been enjoyable, but I think Brad accurately explained how we accomodated you even though you were not our customer. Take 8 weeks, subtract 3 weeks while waiting for your body shop to place the order (other forum members can vouch for this from previous experience also), subtract 4 days from the trucking company delivering the part and Classic Collision not realizing that it was there, and you have a 4 1/2 week order. I publically apologize for being 3 days longer than quoted by the US Lorinser distributor, however the remaining 3 1/2 weeks are the fault of your body shop.

It really bothers me how you can quote a portion of another's post towards me, but not the remaining posts where he states that everything was resolved and that he "...will be doing business with Ben and evosport in the future." What happened to these 2 posts from the same individual?

-------------------------------
Ben, thank you for your quick response. I don't know what went wrong with your e-mail but I look forward to talking to you about this privately and resolving the "communication error." Again, thanks for for taking it as it is and not being offended as my intention was never to offend or put down, but rather to state my opinion of my experience as asked by a fellow member. I Look forward to future business with you. Thanks again and have a great day!

Best regards,
Problem resolved!
Ben and I just finished a long discussion about PM's and e-mail and came to a conclusion that there was a PM mis-communication on messages I was sending but he was not receiving. Just wanted to clear the air and that I will be doing business with Ben and evosport in the future. Thanks...J

Thanks,
Ben
Old 07-07-2003, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
thats strange... everytime i email ben i get a response within the 12 hour time gap i allowed for time differences... and thats cause i live 15,000 miles away!!

EVOSPORT, i havent been your customer yet, but you've already made me feel like i am!

i had actually considered joint venture projects under the name of EVOSPORT MIDDLE EAST due to the professionalism and expertise i got from them!

Just my opinion!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Thumbs up An experience from a newbie

The first time I ever called Evosport as few months ago, I got their answering machine. I did my part, left a message, and Ben called me back on the very next day!
As I got more serious and focused on what I wanted for my car, I e-mailed Ben with a list and some questions and he e-mailed me back in a few hours (which was very convenient!)
However, as I continued to filter down to what I wanted to do, the pre-painted lenses were my top priority! As of recently and reading this board, I became hesitant about placing my order...
What I may do now is just place the order fresh and directly with Evosport and see what happens (timing, follow-up and results).
Thanks all for stating your experiences and thanks to the moderators and folks at Evosport for stepping up and representing both sides of the story!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:04 PM

My few cents on EvoSport's customer care

All I have writen below is based on my experience with the company.

1. Ben does in fact reply to emails rather quickly (in 12 hours or less)

2. I was NOT able to communicate with EvoSport over the phone EVER.

3. Still waiting for my side markers and flat hood emblem (it was ordered over 6 month ago!!!!). If you can't make the markers, simply state it and move on. I don't want to hear your excuses. And yes, there are ways to paint the markes without involving evosport, but that's not the point.

4. EvoSport provides order status information ONLY when asked, and not on a proactive basis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tired of Evosport