CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Replaced turn signal switch...got a couple questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 CLK 430 cab
Replaced turn signal switch...got a couple questions

I replaced my turn signal / combination switch using the DIY guides from here (which were extremely helpful) but I have a couple issues now.

1) The new switch does not self-cancel when returning the steering wheel to center from a left turn. It works perfectly when returning the steering wheel to center from a right turn though. Could it possibly be an issue with the black piece that trips the cancelling arm in the switch (red circle around it in photo and it is labeled 26 in the diagram from EPC part # 140 462 07 51). Maybe I didn't assemble it correctly?

Replaced turn signal switch...got a couple questions-steering-shaft.jpg

2) When I was working on this project I found this part in the area under the steering column. Does anyone know what it is? Could it be part of the steering lock?

Replaced turn signal switch...got a couple questions-part.jpg
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 CLK 430 cab
I think I just realized something in looking at the WIS info and my own picture...

That black plastic ring looks like it should be down further on the steering shaft and held down by the retaining ring? There is a keyway on the shaft to locate it but it looks like it might have slid around or something?