CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

02CLK320 Misc. Parts Swapping - Recommendations PLZ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
02CLK320 Misc. Parts Swapping - Recommendations PLZ

I recently picked up an 02 CLK320 Silver on Silver for an amazingly good price, I've been a huge mercedes fan for a very long time and finally came acrossed one of my own =D It had several minor things wrong with it, and I've been tackling them as I go. Like the shifter locking in park, etc. But there are a few things I think your guyses input could REALLY save me some time on as I'm not very familiar with very many of the CLK class cars, and I can really only afford to buy these items once.

Wheels, the cheap chrome rims that came with it cause the car to vibrate around 60MPH but as I've been reading it seems like these cars can be picky when it comes to what wheels to put on them? Any recomendations for an 18'' Chrome wheel that seems to be nice and smooth?

Steering Wheel, I am going to replace the steering wheel but I'm not sure what cars I can rob a replacement from, I'm not big on the paddle shifters but I would really like the hardwood wheel, what cars in what years can I find one of these to steel?

Seats, The drivers side seat needs to be replaced, and I'm more then willing to replace both of the front seats, but what vehicles in what years will have seats that my controls will match up with? and is there a particular car that will have seats that look better? or have a bonus feature?

Stereo, Is there any way I can install an aftermarket stereo and still use my steering wheel controls along with the LED dash read-out for the radio? not a biggy just curious.

Headlights, I want to upgrade to HID headlights, is there a particular brand I should be willing to spend the money on? Trying to find decently priced Halos.

Bushings, I'm replacing all of the bushings in the car but having a hard time finding a poly-urethane kit to do so, is there a website you guys can recommend where I can find things like this?

Thanks for the read
-Sean