CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Relay hardness installation, help me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Question Relay hardness installation, help me

im trying to install this.. but as we know the battery is in the back so where do i hook up the ground plug (black ) and the red (power wire) to??
i only need it for my high beam.
im very bad in electrical stuff and have no idea..
ty in advance
Attached Thumbnails Relay hardness installation, help me-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
The best ground connection inside the engine bay is under your windshield washer water resevore. Remove the black plastic knot on top of the water resevore and pull the resevore up and underneath you'll see a screw welded to the body and a bunch of brown wired attached to it via a knot, remove the knot put the ground wire between two of those wires and then tighten it back and that your ground. For the positive which is direct connect to your battery, there is a jumper terminal on your driver side front shock tower, it's a black plastic box, remove the cover on that small box and there are two wires inside that box they are both positive direct lines to the battery, either one you connect it to your ok they are both positive. Hope this helps.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
The best ground connection inside the engine bay is under your windshield washer water resevore. Remove the black plastic knot on top of the water resevore and pull the resevore up and underneath you'll see a screw welded to the body and a bunch of brown wired attached to it via a knot, remove the knot put the ground wire between two of those wires and then tighten it back and that your ground. For the positive which is direct connect to your battery, there is a jumper terminal on your driver side front shock tower, it's a black plastic box, remove the cover on that small box and there are two wires inside that box they are both positive direct lines to the battery, either one you connect it to your ok they are both positive. Hope this helps.
always at the rescue mister.
Ty so much aziz .....
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by big_mike1979
always at the rescue mister.
Ty so much aziz .....
haha, no problem.