CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anybody know more about a car called Javelin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 12:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Question Anybody know more about a car called Javelin?

okay, I saw this red fast back muscle car (looks really new like it's original condition or restored) which I thought is one of those fastback Mustangs, but it's not. when the light turn red it stopped next to me and it says Javelin on the side fender along with a badge says "winner of the Trans AM series 1971-1972" and another badge number 360 (cubic inch). I heard about the name of the car before, but never actually seen one. It looked awesome and definitely looks like a collectible car.

can anyone tell me more about this car? how much power is this car putting out and how much do you think this car is worth?
Old 07-04-2003, 12:54 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
aaaah...crap....put it on the wrong forum...can any moderator move it to offtopic...thanks
Old 07-04-2003, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MB CLK55
Good gawd you're making me feel old - the Javelin AMX was one of my dream cars as a young (as in pre-teen) buck.

More info than you could possibly ever consume located at www.JavelinAMX.com

Last edited by jkelley; 07-04-2003 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:19 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
thanks for the info...

I think the one I saw looks like this one, but it has that 360 badge
Old 07-04-2003, 04:03 AM

No longer car shopping...
Talking AMX also made the "Kenosha Cadilac"

Boy, now I really feel old. AMX was also the builder of a car known as the Kenosha cadillac, the Gremlin. Trust me, it was as far as you could get from a caddy. More like a chevette only about 15 years earlier. The reference is important as to the value of the Javelin's. Unless things have changed, they are really not worth much (@ most $10K) because they were really pretty poorly made (Sorry to ruin any boyhood dreams of the other forums guys here).
Old 07-04-2003, 11:35 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Re: AMX also made the "Kenosha Cadilac"

Originally posted by ndabunka
Boy, now I really feel old. AMX was also the builder of a car known as the Kenosha cadillac, the Gremlin. Trust me, it was as far as you could get from a caddy. More like a chevette only about 15 years earlier. The reference is important as to the value of the Javelin's. Unless things have changed, they are really not worth much (@ most $10K) because they were really pretty poorly made (Sorry to ruin any boyhood dreams of the other forums guys here).
Actually, "AMX" didn't build anything. AMX was originally a variation of the Javelin (12" shorter wheelbase, V8 only, more performance oriented). In 1971 the AMX as a distinct platform disappeared, and the Javelin AMX was born.

The builder was AMC (American Motors Corporation). Check NADAguides for a '69 AMX Super Stock w/390, 4 speed, and the AMX Big Bad package - restored copies check in over $40k.

The Gremlin? Major league POS, although few troubled souls did turn theirs into semi-legit race cars:
Old 07-06-2003, 12:54 AM

No longer car shopping...
Ouch!

Now there's an oil slick waiting to happen...