CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

revenge of the mouse:electrical

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 clk320
revenge of the mouse:electrical

Hi all ,have a rarely used 2004 clk320 (20k miles) .Just took her cover off this past weekend and drove her out of the barn, for the first time in months to get an oil change. .Smelled something strange(unpleasant), but thought it was a dead animal in or around the structure----turns out it was under the hood: mouse nest under the cover on driver's side over the brake master cyl. Well, the mechanics spotted it and we joked about it.It was funny, until i drove down the road and the abs, esp, etc, warnings popped up.Got home spent an hour trying to get all the nesting/dead mouse that was packed in that space out.Found that the wire from the wheelwell to the harness was chewed through Two very thin wires,covered by a sheath..Before i go back to mechanic ,in a few days, and tell him the bad news, i'd like to understand what exactly we are looking at..Very hard to access to rejoin those two wires because of the brakepart..Can that sensor be removed so as to put ionger /new wire to other piece of chewed wire coming out of harness.