CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

question aboutbkmac front camber kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
question aboutbkmac front camber kit

hey everyone. Ive been sufferingbfrom negative camberbon the front for a few years now. I was able to adjust the back to factory specs thanks to ghostriders kit. I bought the bokts from the dealer but even though they call them centric bolts they arent, the are just bokts with washers that have a edge one one side that you can adjust to negative or posetive, they helped but my front was still off 2.25 and 2.5. So i finally bought the kmac kit and had it installed today, the camber got much better 1.5 but still a bit off from factory specs. My car has the biggest pads front and back and um just running bilstien sports and h&R sorings so im not slammed. Is this as much as this kit can do. What position shiuld the kit's bushings be pressed in because you can either press them in with the bolt toward the outside of the car or the inside of the car, or that doesnt matter?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
hey everyone. Ive been sufferingbfrom negative camberbon the front for a few years now. I was able to adjust the back to factory specs thanks to ghostriders kit. I bought the bokts from the dealer but even though they call them centric bolts they arent, the are just bokts with washers that have a edge one one side that you can adjust to negative or posetive, they helped but my front was still off 2.25 and 2.5. So i finally bought the kmac kit and had it installed today, the camber got much better 1.5 but still a bit off from factory specs. My car has the biggest pads front and back and um just running bilstien sports and h&R sorings so im not slammed. Is this as much as this kit can do. What position shiuld the kit's bushings be pressed in because you can either press them in with the bolt toward the outside of the car or the inside of the car, or that doesnt matter?
The only other option to give additional positive chamber which Ghost and I was suppose to start a project on, was to shorten the lower control arm. But Ghost went Ghost so it never happened.

I don't think it matters about the bolt because it's the offset rotation of the Kmac that pulls the camber it in or out.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
I thought the KMACs were supposed to give +/- 3 degrees of adjustment?

Seems like if the alignment guy you're using knows how to massage the suspension he should be able to get you within spec?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Originally Posted by twinsin
I thought the KMACs were supposed to give +/- 3 degrees of adjustment?

Seems like if the alignment guy you're using knows how to massage the suspension he should be able to get you within spec?
check your Pm vip.. I replied back to your questions. Twin is right, suppose to give u +-3 degree of adjustment....
i forgot to add one thing to the pm is be careful when u install the bolt and the washer because the first time they did it wrong and went in backward and did not adjust(the bolt would not turn)... then they to redo it and all went well..
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Thanks will, I think Ill be ok being at 1.5 on the front and my back is well within spec just using ghost's kit which I much prefer over the kmac kit and have been very happy with.

Thanks big mike and twin...