CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brake caliper and heat shield painting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Brake caliper and heat shield painting

I had a warped brake disc and as they had been on the car for 12 years I thought I would buy two new ones!
I decided to paint the edge of the new discs with heat proof silver paint to give it some protection and keep them looking new, but then did not stop there. When I removed the old discs to put the new ones on the calipers looked tired, so I removed the pads and used a wire wheel on my drill and blitzed the calipers removing the years of dirt and rust and kept going and did all the heat guards too. I painted the calipers with blue heat proof paint ( I thought red was too obvious) and then painted the heat shields with special rust eating black gloss paint that I had.
After a couple of coats of paint all was complete and I re-assembled everything.

Let me know your thoughts....
Attached Thumbnails Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-2-edit.jpg   Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-1-edit.jpg   Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-3-edit.jpg   Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-6-edit.jpg   Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-7-edit.jpg  

Brake caliper and heat shield painting-new-brakes-8-edit.jpg  

Last edited by A1EK; 05-05-2012 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (08-25-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 08:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63s Estate Edition 1
nice, but has it lasted? I was wondering that as I am talking about a thin heat shield it just maybe too thin and absorbs too much heat...