CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Thinking about painting your side repeaters body colored? Read this.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 C280
Thinking about painting your side repeaters body colored? Read this.

Hey all,

Just finished spraying the side repeaters on my 2001 CLK320.

The car is paint code 744 (or 9744), brilliant silver metallic.

I can confirm that the Duplicolor Chrysler "Bright Silver Metallic" is an almost perfect match.

I reinstalled my repeaters and was not able to tell the difference in the paint colors.

Just make sure to follow the proper painting procedure so you don't end up with inconsistencies: Sand, clean, prime, paint, clear, cure, sand, polish, wax.

See for yourself:

The following users liked this post:
Matt Nelson (04-05-2016)
Old 06-16-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Great job! Chrysler BSM will also work on most OEM Mercedes wheels as a touch-up. That color came into existence when the two companies were briefly married, hence the compatibility. We've even had Crossfire guys use Mercedes-Benz Iridiumsilber paint to refinish the console, with perfect match results.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Thanks for the tip

I tried 2 other shades of duplicolor that I had held up next to the paint as I guestimted which one was best. 1st one wasnt even close.. second one was the right color but the flake was waay to big. Finally found this post and its 1000X better then either of the others I (unfortunately) already sprayed and regretted.

So after painting I was thankful enough that I signed up to this forum just to give you some kudos and to let anyone else whos looking to touch up with duplicolor know that this is as close to a perfect match as duplicolor has. It does show inconsistencies more then most so make sure you lay it on as even as possible.

Thanks again

Matt-
2002 E320