CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 Command?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
SL 400
W208 Command?

Hello all,

My first post! :-) I have looked online and looked at many threads here but I have not found the exact clear answer.

Is it possible to have Command and not have the glove box port people speak of? Or if you have one you must have the other?

I see nothing in my glovebox, I know people have said its hidden but it must be super hidden because I don't see it.

I am not 100% on what Command is but I have a 2000 clk 430 with factory Nav, steering wheel controls and the "Aux" icon viewable on display but no matter how much I search (3 times since learning of it) I don't see anything in my glove box and no matter how many times I've read people talking about it I have not seen a pic posted. Any help would be appreciated.

. Could I not have it in the glove box with my listed info?
. Would someone post a pic of their glove box and the "hidden" ports location that everyone speaks of?

Last edited by ThatsMyDawg; 06-18-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Depending on when the command was installed, you might or might not have one. I believe that all factory installed commands have the small aux jack on the right inside wall of the glovebox. I had mine installed after 1 year and had the aux port put in at the same time. What you are looking for is just a small port (size of a headphone port/jack) located on the inside right side of glove box. It's easy to run a wire from the jack to the center console. I have mine hooked to a satellite radio where the ashtray once was located (I removed it). Radio is out of sight w/door closed.

Last edited by cindyclk; 06-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
SL 400
Originally Posted by cindyclk
Depending on when the command was installed, you might or might not have one. I believe that all factory installed commands have the small aux jack on the right inside wall of the glovebox. I had mine installed after 1 year and had the aux port put in at the same time. What you are looking for is just a small port (size of a headphone port/jack) located on the inside right side of glove box. It's easy to run a wire from the jack to the center console. I have mine hooked to a satellite radio where the ashtray once was located (I removed it). Radio is out of sight w/door closed.

I see. Well, I'll go another route with my iPod/iphone but wanted to check again that I was not just missing the port. I checked one last time and it's for sure not in the glove box.

Thanks for your help.