CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Desperate for ANY help, too many problems have piled up!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desperate for ANY help, too many problems have piled up!!!

What's good fellow Mercenaries, I was just wondering if anyone comes across this post and can PLEASEEE help me out with anything, it would be most appreciated.
So desperate to fix all this BBULLSH*T because I absolutely LOVE my CLK 320, but it seems like a lemon

Basically I've had so many problems pile up that I don't know where to begin, i'm going to try to just list them and lets see if we can get some of this stuff fixed. Oh and I want to do it myself, not through a mechanic of course

1.) Sometimes my horn goes off very briefly and simultaneously my windshield wiper does one sweep across the window...it can get embarrassing at times when my horn sounds off, I mean it catches everyone off guard especially myself. Both always occur at the same time and is very quick

2.) My "brake lining wear ((O))" light remains on, even though I replaced both the front calipers and pads. Perhaps the sensors need replacing?

3.) My EC button remains on as soon as I start my car and I can't turn it off while driving. The only solution, put the key in the "on" position and press the EC button--only time the red light turns off and A/C turns on, then start the car and it works. Frustrating if I forget this psuedo-ritual every time I start my car!

4.) When I use the seat controls on the door to move the entire seat back and forth, everything works fine EXCEPT it only moves me forward (and thus, squeezing my body into the entire steering wheel) rather than move the driver seat back towards the backseats and giving me leg room (wheww). ONLY with a bypass of a old setting on "1" I have in the seat memory, does the seat move backwards because that was my "leeeeeaaann" position haha but if it wasn't for that, I'd be stuck to my windshield like an old *** granny. FML these problems are driving me NUTS!!!!

5.) Unlock door button does not work on the control panel either

If you have any tips/links to threads or general directions PLEASE help a fellow Benz owner out--i'm getting freakin' desperate here even though everyone LOVES my car, there are so many tiny problems I just deal with
Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
It seems to me that you have a defective SAM unit, it's an easy fix, you can get one at a salvage yard for abot $100-$150. As for the seats, that's just the seat ECU needing reprogramming. I forgot how but if you search the forms you'll find the instructions.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM

ML 2.7 2004
Ive had this problem with the seats only going forward, if you press the seat button down whilst at the same time moving it back it works, maybe not first time but keep wiggling the button and it should work.
Good luck
Jim
Old 07-14-2012, 03:59 AM

Hey there VIP, I appreciate your input once again man. Can you tell me what/where the SAM would be located and why you think it would be that? I'm just curious in general and you seem to be undertaking some HEAVY mods yourself so tips from a seasoned person such as yourself is invaluable. Please if anyone has had any similar types of problems, please let me know!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
SAM unit is located on the driver side in the fuse box under the hood. its a big box and the first cover that pops out is the fuse box and the second cover you have to take off the screws to remove it and you will see some relays on there, that unit that those small yellow and black relays are plugged into is the SAM unit, it is a giant relay itself that controls majorinty of the electrical components in your car. the seats have nothing to do with the SAM but the wiper issue seems to be that. as for the climat control issue, it could be that or just your climat control unit itself.