CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Exhaust HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
01 CLK 320
Exhaust HELP!

hey guys im hoping someone can help me. ive searched and searched but cant get what i want. im trying to get my 01 clk 320 to sound like its a v12. i was driving by a mustang and i know that it had a res delete and a cat delete because it sounds damn good. i wanted to see if i can get my car to sound throaty. this is what the mustang sounded like http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=RYWzIIZHSFw i know that the mustang is a v8 but im just trying to give you guys an idea of what i might want. and also i have found this clip of a c320 and i love the sound.
is there any way i can get my car to sound like that with an exhaust? i know it wont be much since i have a v6 and i wont get the same result as a v8 or a v12, and i definitely DONT want it to sound like a ricer. what might be the best combo and for the cheapest price, i live in northern VA any good exhaust shops and any clue about pricing for res delete and 2ndry cat delete?

thanks in advanced
Old 07-21-2012, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Eisenmann Exhaust maybe?

CLK 320 MAE Eisenmann Race W208
http://youtu.be/iR4QTqFrp5U
Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
I have heard/read some talk on this forum that removing exhaust restrictions i.e. secondary cats and resonator and moving to a free flow exhaust like Jimmy is suggesting will give you the throaty sound you are looking for however, you will lose low end/rpm torque but gain performance at the high end/rpm. Don't know. Haven't done it. You may also have some concerns whether your car will pass emissions testing in Virginia once the secondary cats are gone. Eisenmann is just one of the higher end brands you can go with for a stainless steel muffler but you are looking at $1K or more. Magnaflow is a US maker you can go with that is not as costly. Youtube is the best place I can think of to try to find the brand and sound that you want just by using the Search function. Hopefully some others on this forum who have made exhaust changes will jump in. Good luck.

Last edited by dlbehrns; 07-22-2012 at 10:45 PM.