CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

O my lord what have I got into this time!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 estate w210 1998 clk200 coupe w208 1998 e200 w124 1993
O my lord what have I got into this time!

Well here we go first post wish me luck
About 2 months ago I visited a local. VW breaker in the west country to get some parts for a mates golf which I'm helping to repair and there on the back of a transporter is this dirty old w208 clk 200 in silver & dirt quite straight but in need of a hot soapy bath so I get talking to the scrapman who has just dragged it in he says it does not work at all but if I want it he will let go for a small sum and with a small sum plus a drink he will drop it of across town for me so I think for a split second and say yes * two days later in the afternoon it turns up with log book and two keys in neutral and without the handbrake being seized up
Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
is there a question in there?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by Hippits star
About 2 months ago I visited a local. VW breaker in the west country to get some parts for a mates golf which I'm helping to repair and there on the back of a transporter is this dirty old w208 clk 200 in silver & dirt quite straight but in need of a hot soapy bath so I get talking to the scrapman who has just dragged it in he says it does not work at all but if I want it he will let go for a small sum and with a small sum plus a drink he will drop it of across town for me so I think for a split second and say yes * two days later in the afternoon it turns up with log book and two keys in neutral and without the handbrake being seized up
wow!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 187 Likes on 120 Posts
SL 400

Nice find! Don't know what you paid but you could probably make a good deal of loot parting it out if you decide not to go the repair route. As far as the car being in neutral without the hand break. I guess your wondering how the car is not rolling away?

Tires could have flat spots from sitting?
Break could have been pulled really hard when he drop it off so the ebreak is actuall on but the lever is now broken?

I don't know bro but I wanted to give you some encouragement. If you part it out let me know. I need a few things.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
He needs to put some shrimp on the barby.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Welcome, Siri!