CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

EasyCare service contract - twinsin approved

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
EasyCare service contract - twinsin approved

Zero affiliation with this company -- I purchased this contract at the dealership along with my CLK. I must say I was hesitant as it was a hefty amount up front, but since this was my first Mercedes, especially with it being a convertible and me not balling out of control, I thought it wise to go ahead and get the contract. I got the TotalCare coverage level and is the highest tier EasyCare offers. The coverage is essentially a bumper to bumper exclusionary contract and covers everything except the convertible top (motor and pump are covered), glass, specific wear and tear items, bodywork, etc. There's a fair amount of small print but after reading the contract thoroughly a few times over the coverage is very comprehensive. I paid $3300 through the dealership (actual cost is $2900) and good for 36 months or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.

Anyways, my coverage is literally about to run out in 14 miles so it's at my indy getting inspected. To date, EasyCare has paid out for:

- motor/tranny mounts (worn, leaking fluid)
- steering dampener (worn)
- both door check straps (would creak/pop when doors opened)
- valve cover gaskets (leaking)
- both OEM xenon headlamp assemblies (control units busted, manual adjustment knobs broken)
- water pump (light seepage)
- thermostat (stuck in position)
- new instrument cluster (gear selector pixels dead)
- mass air flow sensor (on the verge of not reporting correct readings)
- top tension cables (stretched/broken)

All you pay is your deductible per visit, not per item to be serviced. Mine is $250 (they also offer $100 and $0) and I've used my contract 4 times. So before locking in your deductible, weigh how often you think you'll be visiting the shop because they do add up quite quickly. As you can see, the contract has already paid itself off and then some (OEM headlight assemblies alone retail for $1400 EACH), and all the labor is covered. They also offer $30/day max for rentals on approved claims up to 6 days, which is a very handy feature. I've also never had them reject a claim and my indy says they've been very easy to work with.

I was looking into renewing, but at my tier level that would set me back about $6000 for only 24 months/24,000 miles which isn't worth it to me since most major items are being taken care of and I maintain my car impeccably. Anyways, point being...highly recommended and well worth it if you foresee or are afraid of major items breaking down

Last edited by mint; 08-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.