CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Selling the 99 Cabriolet, $7500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
Selling the 99 Cabriolet, $7500

Hey guys, if anyone is interested in a w208 Cabriolet, I'm selling mine.
  • 101K miles (had 90k when I bought it)
  • I have ALL service records. Former owner was a CPA and kept very, very good records. I did the same.
  • Tires are in good shape but NOT matching. I replaced two of the tires with w/ 18" tires from another set of wheels

• Paint - there are rock chips in the hood, there is a small half a dime sized dent on the hood that I inherited with the car
  • Interior - the convertible top switch cover broke off, although it's still functional, the original switch cover is missing. There is a small half inch crack in vinyl dash board surface
  • Convertible top - while in great shape and not faded, the seam is starting to stretch apart. Additionally, there is an elastic strap that initially snaps the convertible top back when engaging it. This has worn out, and it requires a gentle push to initially snap the top back. New top goes for $350 on Ebay, and about $300 labor to install.
  • Wheels - there is some curb rash on the front wheels, particularly the front passenger wheel where it scraped a curb pretty good. However, no leaks of any kind
  • Service - the car is up for service, and will need it's next service appointment @ 102k miles.
  • Front bumper - there is a tow hook cover missing from the front bumper, the part is $49 on Ebay, just haven't ordered it yet. Additionally, the lower drivers side fog light is cracked. I'd planned on replacing it with new LED fog's when I got the chance.
  • Body - there are a couple small dings in the drivers-side door from inconsiderate folks opening their doors into it. However, they were there when I bought the car and wasn't noticeable enough for me to want to take any further action.
  • I have updated the lights to the new style reflector lights w/ xenon bulbs.
  • I updated the grill to the newer style Mercedes grill
  • I updated the tail-lights to the newer LED style.