CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

1 less CLK :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dlbehrns
Let it go. He's from the Dark Side.
+1

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Williams707
Yes I'm a Jedi Master...

Hope your monkey reference is just a poor choice of words just like everything else that you write. Hope it's not racially motivated, I think everyone knows by now, especially you, that I'm Black.

Hopefully everyone now can see what I mean about not being able to avoid stupid
Hey monkey, you started this.
So, genius, to you that's a race?
You need to spend more time at the zoo,
or in the 6th grade, then someday, a GED.
And again, you're the big ghetto bragger.
Come on bright boy, you're the one with the big mouth,
where's that cheap ghetto pride your yapping about.

I can handle any of you off-topic jack_sses.

Last edited by Pancho; 10-23-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Pancho
Hey monkey, you started this.
So, genius, to you that's a race?
You need to spend more time at the zoo,
or in the 6th grade, then someday, a GED.
And again, you're the big ghetto bragger.
Come on bright boy, you're the one with the big mouth,
where's that cheap ghetto pride your yapping about.

I can handle any of you off-topic jack_sses.
I had to clarify because over the years, you have had a tendency to use words which can be considered racial. So remember why you almost lost your membership to the forums and remember that it was I that led that charge.

Remember, I said I am from the Ghetto. The intent was not to insinuate that I am Ghetto, though I can be so don't get it twisted. The point that you failed to understand was about behavioral profiling in relationship to "Not Everyone" who has a beer gets behind a wheel of a car at some point in their life. I had to raise the flag on that one

Remember your words:

"I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers, so, take any scolding from anyone with a grain of salt. Anyone that suggest otherwise is indulging a fantasy."

You want to talk about my intelligence? Oh wait, I'm a Senior Executive, hmmm...not bad for someone who according to you still needs to go through Darwin's Theory Of Evolution. So you say you can handle who, what off topic again? lol

Ok, lets evaluate the words you have used to articulate your thoughts:
Zoo; 6th grade; GED; Monkey; Jack_sses; yapping; bright boy....

Well they do say perception is reality. You're doing a great job

I really hope everyone is getting a big laugh out of this This is most defiantly some good Dave Chappelle material...

- You can't always avoid stupid "BUT" maybe sometimes you should.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeeaahhhhh this has nothing to do with intelligence or being ghetto, no idea why you brought that up..... I can objectively say that I'm smarter than most and i'm not even trying to be cocky, it was just a bad decision. I grew up in the straight ghetto, lived poor my whole life and worked for everything I have, including supporting the parents and sisters. Still attained a degree in Neurobiology, graduated with degrees from UCD and UCLA, opened up a food bank for the less fortunate with my bare hands, 3rd place national biomedical debate champ, two time gold winner in CA, the list goes on...all by the time I wasn't even halfway through being 22...so yeah intelligence or being from the ghetto has nothing to do with it. Just a poor judgement call.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by DRfunjoo
Yeeaahhhhh this has nothing to do with intelligence or being ghetto, no idea why you brought that up..... I can objectively say that I'm smarter than most and i'm not even trying to be cocky, it was just a bad decision. I grew up in the straight ghetto, lived poor my whole life and worked for everything I have, including supporting the parents and sisters. Still attained a degree in Neurobiology, graduated with degrees from UCD and UCLA, opened up a food bank for the less fortunate with my bare hands, 3rd place national biomedical debate champ, two time gold winner in CA, the list goes on...all by the time I wasn't even halfway through being 22...so yeah intelligence or being from the ghetto has nothing to do with it. Just a poor judgement call.
I hear you on ghetto and poor, it took a trip to the Philippines to realize and respect everything that I had growing up. Seeing how they lived and their ambitions for success was an eye opener to the fact that there's no excuse for anyone in America including the homeless. But I do think that there is a difference between someone with allot of Intelligence vs someone with allot of Common Sense.

Regardless of the chemical reaction your body had with the alcohol and medication, I just really hope you "Don't Drink & Drive"

Evidently it wasn't your time and thankfully it wasn't for any others. I believe everything happens for a reason and one just may be that you're, "Neo", destined to have a greater contribution to society.

Good luck

BTW: I don't judge a person based on one bad decision with the exception that it causes physical harm to others.

Last edited by Williams707; 10-24-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
02' CLK 430
All I have to say is WOW. It's sad that this thread actually entertains me.

Drinking and driving = poor choice

Poor choice = judgement

Welcome to the world.

On a side note

Internet toughguys = laughter
Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
Lets see, now. This was my posting expressing my sympathy to the original poster:

DRfunjoo, my sympathies.
I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers, so, take any scolding from anyone with a grain of salt. Anyone that suggest otherwise is indulging a fantasy. Your concern for your parents is commendable. There are a lot of young parasites running around these days, and you're not one of them.
You were a bit careless, as we can all be, and you had some bad luck. Glad your med condition is OK. You can always get another CLK. People love this model, and you should be able to find another soon enough. find some work, any work. This will help you get squared away.
Keep your chin up, pal. You'll get through this. You're not alone.

Which elicited this kind posting from the original poster:

Truly man, I can't begin to thank you Pancho. Your words offer a good amount of comfort, humor, and reality during this bullcrap time right now. I'm just getting on the job grind now and saving up, you can bet your a$$ i'm going to buy another w208, hopefully a 55 and NO MORE immature stupid decisions. Technically it was the med's that messed me up since my BAC was below .08, however, i don't anyone to think of that as an excuse.
I really appreciate the fact that you guys (Pancho, Ash, etc) took time out of your day to stop, read my post, and offer your personal thoughts and words for a fellow MB owner. I realize what I did was dumb as hell and indeed I can see the bigger picture now...I was actually surprised myself how many people have been in the same situation, some people that indeed shocked me as well which was ...

And also this uncalled for hostile response from one whom I will continue to call “Jackass”,

Jackass, aka Williams 707:
You live in a very small world with a very small mind. I'm almost 43 years old, from the Ghetto, ...

I responded in kind to you, Jackass, and will continue to do so.

Now, monkey, Jackass, (take your pick), I know that my postings don't have little flags and cartoons dancing about, but, kindly impart more of your judicious wisdom. Explain why uncalled for and incendiary hostility should be protected from a response in kind. Impart some of your "Sr. Executive" jackass wisdom.

PS. Banning? I think the admin can figure you out. What a little yellow coward. You start it, and can't finish it. What a punk.

Last edited by Pancho; 10-24-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: syntax