CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

1 less CLK :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 less CLK :(

Fell asleep at the wheel last night--ran into a fire hydrant and woke up this morning in the hospital. So scared to go tomorrow and check out my car, I have NO idea what condition it is in. I was drinking much much earlier--two beers but that in combination with suphederine and benadryl, i waived off the road. Tomorrow I will check to see the damage, doubt a fire-hydrant left me with much hope SOOOOOO sad. Just moved back to SoCal as well after getting my neurobiology degree. Do you know anyone or does anyone have experiences with DUI's? Thanks a ton bro's and please learn from my mistakes.

Time to ungarage the 190e..
Old 09-30-2012, 02:28 PM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
eh its just a 320 who cares,now go buy a 55
Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
It's just an NA 55 who cares, get a MB with a Supercharger or Turbo or Don't Drink and Drive Period!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Williams707
It's just an NA 55 who cares, get a MB with a Supercharger or Turbo or Don't Drink and Drive Period!!!
+1 my supercharged 55 is for sale for the right price and its RED
Old 09-30-2012, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Redw20855amg
Drive it up to Gary IN...lol I'll be here until TUE then back to Japan.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 PM

bicycle
Sorry to hear that. Is it a DUI though with only two beers hours earlier? Did the hospital do blood tests that confirmed legally that you were under the influence?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 AM

They did a blood test since I was knocked out. No confirmation yet on the situation just dealing with lawyers, hospital bills, and having absolutely zero money. I have all of 200 to my name Stupid *** mistake--EFFED my parents over that's for sure because their business is taking care of mentally handicapped individuals within our home, however the company got whiff of an "incident" and require that I not be allowed in the client's presence in lieu of having their license revoked. Pops was a real estate agent (don't have to tell you how that bull**** goes mehhh) and i JUST moved back to SoCal from NorCal not even more than two weeks. Just been chillin in the homie's GTR which is fun, but I miss my car so much.

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
DR.. very sorry to hear that but i hope you learned your lesson from this that drinking and driving just dont go together. what always held me back from getting behind the wheel after i had even one drink is not the cost of insurance and lawyers and the loss of my car but the thought of " what if my mistake ends up taking someone elses life? I can't live with that" all the other stuff is just money and will be taken care of eventualy and forgotten about eventualy. but the main thing is that you are OK. money can be made and things can be fixed or replaced but your health is not. so take care of the situation and look at it as a life lesson that in reality is not coming to you at a very expensive price of costing your health or your freedom. keep your head up.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by Redw20855amg
didnt you just do all the stuff to it/ why sell it now? by the way red doesnt make it special. lol
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
DR.. very sorry to hear that but i hope you learned your lesson from this that drinking and driving just dont go together. what always held me back from getting behind the wheel after i had even one drink is not the cost of insurance and lawyers and the loss of my car but the thought of " what if my mistake ends up taking someone elses life? I can't live with that" all the other stuff is just money and will be taken care of eventualy and forgotten about eventualy. but the main thing is that you are OK. money can be made and things can be fixed or replaced but your health is not. so take care of the situation and look at it as a life lesson that in reality is not coming to you at a very expensive price of costing your health or your freedom. keep your head up.
Well said Ash probably sure most are in agreement hence the fact not many have commented.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Ash, i've gotten past the emotion/shock aspect of it all, just temporarily while I get my legal situation figured out right now because I was/am on track to medical school and this is just something so EFFING stupid and right now I have to deal with that and I stay constantly busy. I came to realize (even though I LOVED my car) that it is just a car in the end (no offense to anyone at all, believe me). You are absolutely right that my health is the number one priority and I can't stress enough how thankful I am for every second right now...but when the business day is over, no more lawyers, insurance, hospital calls, etc. to deal with I can't help but get super depressed. Because I keep thinking about "what if someone else got hurt" that is something I cannot get out of my head and I doubt I ever will. Eff a fire hydrant, but I had the potential to injure or even kill someone. It's something that weighs on my shoulders so hardcore and i can't help but breakdown every time I think it could've gone SO MUCH worse. the last thing I am doing is taking this lightly, at all..
I don't expect pity from anyone, nor do I deserve it.

Worst part is that i'm now homeless. My parents are past their hard labor days, but nowhere near a comfortable retirement financially. They house mentally handicapped individuals in our house to pay for the mortgage/bills/electricity, basically just living check to check. The company got whiff of my DUI or basically that I have a criminal charge and said if I am in the presence of the clients which stay at our house, then my parent's licences will be revoked = no house/food/anything for my parents. So I had to leave and am roaming around now wifi to wifi, friend to friend. Homeless Neurobiology graduate, crazy **** huh? Please people, let this be a lesson, knock your friend out before they step into their vehicles in such a state. If anyone wants to purchase a CLK 320 for parts for $1,000, it's all yours. Be safe everyone, and good luck to you all.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Another life lesson I can tell you that i have learned in my few years on this earth is that when something like this happens take a hard look at it and learn from it and never look back at it. I know what you mean, myself and my father were never on good terms since i remember. The typical being the unwanted child issues and I decided to leave for the sake of my mother and my sister at an early age and for a while i was in your situation right now. it was very difficault but I cant tell you what that did for me and my life. I became much stronger and completly independent and learned to take every helping hand and blessing with grace and thankfulness. dont want to get too much in my personal life. point of the story being:

learn from this mistake and be thankful that no one got hurt and understand that someone up there was looking after you. but move on and look ahead because if you keep looking back you will miss every great thing thats ahead of you. Things will get better and your parents will forgive you and move on from this and all the charges will be dropped, they cant attach driminal charges to you for this. its all the scare tacktics that they use. you will get away with spending a couple of grand and i'm sure if you cant afford it the judge will grant you community service. Also remeber mistakes are for humans to make weather you are on your way to medical school or not, we all made mistakes and will continue to make them as a part of growing up and gaing life experience. keep your head up and best of luck to you in everything.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM

didnt you just do all the stuff to it/ why sell it now? by the way red doesnt make it special. lol
Yea not selling it technically but i sell everything im a dealer and service shop so everything has a price....
Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

08 CLS550, 99 clk430 W208 (sold), 06 ML350 W164, 07 Kawasaki ZX10-R,
sorry to hear about the accident. glad you're okay. You may consider parting out the car piece by piece as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
DRfunjoo, my sympathies.

I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers, so, take any scolding from anyone with a grain of salt. Anyone that suggest otherwise is indulging a fantasy. Your concern for your parents is commendable. There are a lot of young parasites running around these days, and you're not one of them.

You were a bit careless, as we can all be, and you had some bad luck. Glad your med condition is OK. You can always get another CLK. People love this model, and you should be able to find another soon enough. find some work, any work. This will help you get squared away.

Keep your chin up, pal. You'll get through this. You're not alone.

Last edited by Pancho; 10-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Pancho
DRfunjoo, my sympathies.

I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers, so, take any scolding from anyone with a grain of salt. Anyone that suggest otherwise is indulging a fantasy. Your concern for your parents is commendable. There are a lot of young parasites running around these days, and you're not one of them.

You were a bit careless, as we can all be, and you had some bad luck. Glad your med condition is OK. You can always get another CLK. People love this model, and you should be able to find another soon enough. find some work, any work. This will help you get squared away.

You live in a very small world with a very small mind.

I'm almost 43 years old, from the Ghetto, and never had Alcohol, Drugs, or Cigarettes. With that said, I'm sure there are many out there like me who have never been behind the wheel with alcohol in their system!!!!

I also know plenty of people that finds a designated driver who wants to go out and drink. I know plenty of people that uses public transportation such as taxis and trains because they choose not to get behind the wheel after having alcohol. I doubt it very seriously that everyone that drinks has been behind the wheel at least once in their lives. Not Everyone makes that choice.

Last edited by Williams707; 10-21-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 AM

Cool

Another life lesson I can tell you that i have learned in my few years on this earth is that when something like this happens take a hard look at it and learn from it and never look back at it. I know what you mean, myself and my father were never on good terms since i remember. The typical being the unwanted child issues and I decided to leave for the sake of my mother and my sister at an early age and for a while i was in your situation right now. it was very difficault but I cant tell you what that did for me and my life. I became much stronger and completly independent and learned to take every helping hand and blessing with grace and thankfulness. dont want to get too much in my personal life. point of the story being:

learn from this mistake and be thankful that no one got hurt and understand that someone up there was looking after you. but move on and look ahead because if you keep looking back you will miss every great thing thats ahead of you. Things will get better and your parents will forgive you and move on from this and all the charges will be dropped, they cant attach driminal charges to you for this. its all the scare tacktics that they use. you will get away with spending a couple of grand and i'm sure if you cant afford it the judge will grant you community service. Also remeber mistakes are for humans to make weather you are on your way to medical school or not, we all made mistakes and will continue to make them as a part of growing up and gaing life experience. keep your head up and best of luck to you in everything.

Thanks a ton, Ash. It means a ton that you'd be willing to share your personal stories and find a way to relate them to me. Great advice, you're right because this doesn't define me and I most definitely learned from my mistake. Got my blood test back, I was below a .08 but I guess my medications only amplified everything. Anyways thanks again bruhh I appreciate the kind words of wisdom in a time where most look at me with an eye of shame. This is a major test/transition point in life, i'm looking to just get my head right. I'll be back soon, and with a 55 in no time Hope ya'll are doin well too. Take it easy
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 AM

DRfunjoo, my sympathies.

Truly man, I can't begin to thank you Pancho. Your words offer a good amount of comfort, humor, and reality during this bullcrap time right now. I'm just getting on the job grind now and saving up, you can bet your a$$ i'm going to buy another w208, hopefully a 55 and NO MORE immature stupid decisions. Technically it was the med's that messed me up since my BAC was below .08, however, i don't anyone to think of that as an excuse.

I really appreciate the fact that you guys (Pancho, Ash, etc) took time out of your day to stop, read my post, and offer your personal thoughts and words for a fellow MB owner. I realize what I did was dumb as hell and indeed I can see the bigger picture now...I was actually surprised myself how many people have been in the same situation, some people that indeed shocked me as well which was pretty funny that they all start to raise their hands and say "oh yeah, been there"...
Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM

2000 CLK430 Cabriolet

You live in a very small world with a very small mind.

I'm almost 43 years old, from the Ghetto, and never had Alcohol, Drugs, or Cigarettes. With that said, I'm sure there are many out there like me who have never been behind the wheel with alcohol in their system!!!!

I also know plenty of people that finds a designated driver who wants to go out and drink. I know plenty of people that uses public transportation such as taxis and trains because they choose not to get behind the wheel after having alcohol. I doubt it very seriously that everyone that drinks has been behind the wheel at least once in their lives. Not Everyone makes that choice.
Wow, ghetto, you must be special. What a pompous, self-indulgent, snot. Drop dead.

Last edited by Pancho; 10-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM

2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Wow, ghetto, you must be special. What a pompous, self-indulgent, snot. Drop dead.
...you're a *****. Helpful and knowledgeable about 208s indeed, but still a *****.

On topic -- sorry to hear OP. Learn the lesson, be glad no one got seriously hurt and move on with life.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
1. Man you are so easy. You did exactly as I expected and focused your comment only on the word "Ghetto". This brings us full circle, back to the first sentence in my last post.... smh

2. You really need to get out and travel and meet more people for you to make a comment like this...."I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers...." My point to you there was Not Everyone makes the same choice, some people plan ahead, some people feel just as strongly as I do about drinking and driving because some people have more to lose when they weight the PROs and Cons / Potential Risk vs Outcome.

3. I'd rather be that person who offers "Tough Love" verses saying yes it's ok to drink and drive under any circumstances and/or better luck next time...I do respect people that learn from their mistakes and not repeat them. I don't respect anyone that continues to make the same mistakes knowingly that it's wrong. I have a friend that doesn't like wearing his seat belt, I'll remind him or strongly suggest when ever I see him that he should wear his seat belt. His wife tells him and she also appreciates that I tell him that as well.

- You can be the best driver in the world but you can't always avoid stupid.

Originally Posted by twinsin
...you're a *****. Helpful and knowledgeable about 208s indeed, but still a *****.

On topic -- sorry to hear OP. Learn the lesson, be glad no one got seriously hurt and move on with life.
+1
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM

2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by twinsin

What a little cowardly turd. Got your panties on tight, and so your jumping in. I've handled you before.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 PM

2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
1. Man you are so easy. You did exactly as I expected and focused your comment only on the word "Ghetto". This brings us full circle, back to the first sentence in my last post.... smh

2. You really need to get out and travel and meet more people for you to make a comment like this...."I don't think there's anyone that hasn't gotten into their vehicle and driven after a few beers...." My point to you there was Not Everyone makes the same choice, some people plan ahead, some people feel just as strongly as I do about drinking and driving because some people have more to lose when they weight the PROs and Cons / Potential Risk vs Outcome.

3. I'd rather be that person who offers "Tough Love" verses saying yes it's ok to drink and drive under any circumstances and/or better luck next time...I do respect people that learn from their mistakes and not repeat them. I don't respect anyone that continues to make the same mistakes knowingly that it's wrong. I have a friend that doesn't like wearing his seat belt, I'll remind him or strongly suggest when ever I see him that he should wear his seat belt. His wife tells him and she also appreciates that I tell him that as well.

- You can be the best driver in the world but you can't always avoid stupid.

+1

Oh, so you're the master manipulator, are you. Didn't need to get past the first few words to figure you out. So, genius, spewing your, what, 3 point plan. What a riot. You really think you're that important. Yep, you are so, so important.

The OP was grateful for my help, but you have to educate us. What a lightweight. Take your hands out of your pants. No, you won't do that. You need your self love. What a self-indulgent fruit.

Spew away Onan. You're like watching the monkeys at the zoo.

This will be fun.

Last edited by Pancho; 10-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Oh, so you're the master manipulator, are you. Didn't need to get past the first few words to figure you out. So, genius, spewing your, what, 3 point plan. What a riot. You really think you're that important. Yep, you are so, so important.

The OP was grateful for my help, but you have to educate us. What a lightweight. Take your hands out of your pants. No, you won't do that. You need your self love. What a self-indulgent fruit.

Spew away Onan. You're like watching the monkeys at the zoo.

This will be fun.
Yes I'm a Jedi Master...

Hope your monkey reference is just a poor choice of words just like everything else that you write. Hope it's not racially motivated, I think everyone knows by now, especially you, that I'm Black.

Hopefully everyone now can see what I mean about not being able to avoid stupid

Last edited by Williams707; 10-23-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Let it go. He's from the Dark Side.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1 less CLK :(