CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lambo doors...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:22 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Hamann does the Gullwing type door you see on that E46 coupe. If you want to do it, it's cool. Just make sure it's safe and quality work. You don't want it to clamp down on you when you are getting in&out of the car.

post pic after it's done
Old 07-31-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 & 2000 Expedition on 22's
Someone should put suicide doors on their CLK...
Old 07-31-2003, 11:14 PM
TNH

If someone put suicide doors on a CLK, I would commit suicide.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by TNH
If someone put suicide doors on a CLK, I would commit suicide.
Hah. What about suicide lambo doors?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:34 PM

2002 W208 CLK55 AMG
Just because Honda's are economy cars with superchargers, turbochargers, Lambo Doors, etc, doesn't mean I would do that to a Mercedes. Think about what kind of car you drive. Think about a Honda Civic economy car.

I have a 1997 Honda Civic and it will always and forever remain stock.

My advice is that most people will think it's cheese.

Your car though, have fun with it!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
I doubt they'll think its cheese, i have classy mods on my car, nothing screams rice or anything of that matter. its just doors, most of the time people wont even see them open. its not ill leave the doors wide open in a parkinglot. i will open them at shows, places where people apreciate mods like that and shows where judges are blown away and reward people with their creativity. If i create a show car that looks subtle on the streets, yet in shows is a knockout, i could easily pay off my mods by winning shows. This is something ive always wanted, I think they look cool as hell. Hell even the Hamman GTR has the doors, and the car looks like a million bucks. Here is a perfect example.. Cant i pull this off? I mean every MB Enthusiast sweats this car.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How do you know what most people will think? Are you some sort of "representative for the people"?

Originally posted by Brad D.
Just because Honda's are economy cars with superchargers, turbochargers, Lambo Doors, etc, doesn't mean I would do that to a Mercedes. Think about what kind of car you drive. Think about a Honda Civic economy car.

I have a 1997 Honda Civic and it will always and forever remain stock.

My advice is that most people will think it's cheese.

Your car though, have fun with it!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:53 AM

Truth is, "most" people will think any CLK is definately NOT cheese. No matter what you do to it.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Viktorious
Hell even the Hamman GTR has the doors, and the car looks like a million bucks. Here is a perfect example.. Cant i pull this off? I mean every MB Enthusiast sweats this car.
Just do it. Who cares what other people think. Comparing your car to the GTR is not relevant. The GTR looks like a million bucks because it is. MB enthusiasts love that car because it is a true exotic/supercar and an incredible performance vehicle. You almost expect those doors on a car like that. I don't have a problem with those doors on a regular W208, however, I think some people feel that those doors don't belong on a car with nice, but not overwhelming performance. I guess it's kind of like putting diamonds on the face and bezel of a Seiko and comparing it to a jeweled platinum Rolex President.

I just want someone to get it done so I can see how it looks. There are going to be plenty of people who like it and plenty who don't. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Last edited by Sleestack; 08-01-2003 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by Sleestack
Just do it. Who cares what other people think. Comparing your car to the GTR is not relevant. The GTR looks like a million bucks because it is. MB enthusiasts love that car because it is a true exotic/supercar and an incredible performance vehicle. You almost expect those doors on a car like that. I don't have a problem with those doors on a regular W208, however, I think some people feel that those doors don't belong on a car with nice, but not overwhelming performance. I guess it's kind of like putting diamonds on the face and bezel of a Seiko and comparing it to a jeweled Platiunm Rolex President.

I just want someone to get it done so I can see how it looks. There are going to be plenty of people who like it and plenty who don't. If you like it, that's all that matters.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Originally posted by mmgrad
Wow, Danny, you said a mouthful.

Hey man, like everyone's said already... GO FOR IT!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:19 PM

CLK 230 Kompressor
The real McCoy.
Attached Thumbnails Lambo doors...-dsc00283.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

breath taking photo. Now post a pic of your car... anyway like every other positive person is saying. Go for it man, its your car. If some other hater person on a messageboard, who you have no idea is by the way thinks its wack then so be it , it feels much better when you know it looks hot.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:34 PM

2002 W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by J Lucas
How do you know what most people will think? Are you some sort of "representative for the people"?
yeah you don't remember electing me?

Seriously Lucas,

If I go to a mercedes meet in LA and ask 10 people about lambo doors, 8 of them will say its rice.

But like I said opinions are like *******s..everyone has one.

have fun.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:51 PM

99 CLK 430
guys enought of this civic bull****, just put the doors on make few clicks with the camera and post the real thing(although i gotta drool over that lambo) but coming back to the original idea, make them pics of a white CLK with "scissor hand" doors and POST THEM HERE <==== thank you
Old 08-01-2003, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know what I would do? I wouldnt go to that mercedes meet in LA anymore. You have to leave negative hater people behind you. You can't associate with those sorts, only positive people, NO MORE HATERS. Its one thing not to agree or like something, Sure you CANT please everyone but if they go as far as to try and say negative things about your car and call it or you names, then they are lame....

I for one am all for originality and diversity, the more everyone looks different from the next guy the better, Where did you think the word "Special" came from??

Im here discussing this issue with you and you could be some 76 year old Belgian Grandmother of 4 from Nebraska. You could be nothing like me nor the people who I associate with so your opinion isnt held in high regard, nor would anyone elses but mines and my immediate circle.

I can never understand why people try to please people on a messageboard, you don't know these people, just because I see your forum names everyday posting doesnt mean I know you. You could be anybody from anywhere with no taste, why do you think your opinion or your ideas are the final say. Could it be that you were raised in a different area and brought up differently than me or the next guy? I think it can be said..Stop caring so much about what the next guy has or thinks, if your happy with it thats all that counts.

Some of you guys are married right? When you got married you thought your wife was attractive right?very beautiful right? Ask around to other people see what they have to say? If a bunch of guys said she was horrible looking are you going to get a divorce?Would you have not married her in the first place?Maybe , but marriage is the pits and that was a bad example. Just move on

yeah you don't remember electing me?

Seriously Lucas,

If I go to a mercedes meet in LA and ask 10 people about lambo doors, 8 of them will say its rice.

But like I said opinions are like *******s..everyone has one.

have fun.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Everyone just chill out, these are just doors. I dont really care what people think of my doors, im spending well earned money on this, people would rather look at a CLK with lambo doors than an ordinairy CLK, thats why im geting them, to turn heads. So whats the problem with that. If your trying to call me rice, so be it, but more people will apreciate the ideas and visions ive put in my car to set it apart from the rest. Im only trying to be an indivudual, not be like the rest of the people. I was hoping to get some encouraging posts, but most people are just fighting over small things. THEY ARE JUST DOORS! I never knew something so small as to how my doors will open up would spark such an arguement. And if 8 of the 10 people claim my mod is rice, they can kiss my a$$ and watch me get trophies with the "riced" out doors. This is what im doing. Its my car, my money, and what i want to do. Enough said.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:28 PM

You have it under control. Don't worry about the jealous haters. You will win trophies, you will get looks, you will be unique and you will get jealous stares from other CLK owners. And I give you mad props for leading the pack on this CLK mod.

The more I think about them, the more I want them. Make sure you keep us posted and let us know the progress, it's gonna be sick!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Originally posted by Viktorious
Everyone just chill out, these are just doors. I dont really care what people think of my doors, im spending well earned money on this, people would rather look at a CLK with lambo doors than an ordinairy CLK, thats why im geting them, to turn heads. So whats the problem with that. If your trying to call me rice, so be it, but more people will apreciate the ideas and visions ive put in my car to set it apart from the rest. Im only trying to be an indivudual, not be like the rest of the people. I was hoping to get some encouraging posts, but most people are just fighting over small things. THEY ARE JUST DOORS! I never knew something so small as to how my doors will open up would spark such an arguement. And if 8 of the 10 people claim my mod is rice, they can kiss my a$$ and watch me get trophies with the "riced" out doors. This is what im doing. Its my car, my money, and what i want to do. Enough said.
Ok, with that said can we stop replying to this thread so that it will fall into the archives.
Vik, definitely can't wait till you get this done. It is going to look tight. You have to post pics tho, try to get some of the install. That will be interesting to see.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Samoan_Ridah
Ok, with that said can we stop replying to this thread so that it will fall into the archives.

Your contributing to the problem.........wait so I am. Okay, I'm done I promise.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:43 PM

2002 W208 CLK55 AMG
Jesus-This place is like DTMPower. People ask for your opinion, and when you give it, you get flamed.

K--well I am done posting on this forum. Bye!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Talking Everyone should just Chill Out

First off Brad is entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else.

Second, Lucas, you may be the Grandmother of a Monkey's uncle from Montana, so What's the point!? In essence:

J Lucas' Opinion = Brad D's Opinion. Thus,

JL Opinion + 2 = BD Opinion + 2. Not (> or <, but =) !

No one here is greater than the other. Viktorious, it is your $$$ I say spend it and get the Freakin Doors Cuz they look Hotter than Britney Spears in a black G-String!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:55 PM

Jesus-This place is like DTMPower. People ask for your opinion, and when you give it, you get flamed.

K--well I am done posting on this forum. Bye!

There is a way to respond without hating or being rude. Many people don't seem to understand this. Basically it comes down to respect. You don't have to like everything, but you should respect peoples ideas. There is a civil way to say you don't like something, or that it is not your style. IMO, we all should have respect for any attempt to mod a vehicle. I have more respect for Kia with some rims and a bodykit, than a brand new stock Lexus. I don't like a Kia, but I respect the individuals attempt to stand apart from the rest of the "sheep". I'm not saying you responded rudely, cuz I don't remember who said what. But the thing missing on this forum is the respect, IMO.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Re: Everyone should just Chill Out

Originally posted by SoCalCLK
Viktorious, it is your $$$ I say spend it and get the Freakin Doors Cuz they look Hotter than Britney Spears in a black G-String!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ! ? !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.

Quick Reply: Lambo doors...