CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 - 2003 CLK320 parts needed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
W208 - 2003 CLK320 parts needed...

Hi all. I've got a 2003 CLK320 that i've had since 2006 and now has 143k miles on it. Great car and have loved it but now it's giving me some issues and i wanted to ask for your help.

For the past year+ my daily driver has been a company and my clk has been in the garage for weekend use every once in a while. Last week i lost my job, gave up the company car and my clk is the daily driver. This is not a problem as i said i love the car.

I will put the parts I'm looking for at the bottom but first my issues.

1) the top has stopped working. When I unlatch it the windows all go down as they should but the top won't move and the switch does a slow blink.

i've replaced the capacitor by the pump. topped off the oil level ( it was still in between the low and full line ) and checked all fuses.

i've been told the pump is probably the issue.

As i've said since i am no longer employed i'm trying not to take it to the dealer if I don't absolutely have to.

Is there a way to check the pump to truly know if it's the problem or are there other things I should check first.

2) my A/C has stopped blowing cold air. All fans work etc but no cold air. My initial thought was low freon but had that checked and no problem. My second thought was the compressor. I can still spin the hub so i'm thinking it's not locked up but i'm only a shade tree mechanic so i'm not 100% sure. After searching around I came across another thread here ( posted at end of this point ) that mentioned a relay behind the battery. Is this something I can test or check? Is there something else I should look for.

So those are my two issues. Any help / feedback / guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly from a parts standpoint if anyone could point me to a place I could find parts inexpensively that would be appreciated as well. They are...

A/C Compressor - hoping I don't need it but...

Convertible top pump - again hoping but...

Convertible top switch - part number 208 820 28 10 - even if this isn't the problem the plastic is cracked and if it's my daily driver i want to replace it.

Thanks again all and sorry for the long message...

Jeff