CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Seat questions for 2001 seats (not motors)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
57 Chevy Convertible
Seat questions for 2001 seats (not motors)

Hello all,

I'm installing seats from what I believe was an 01 CLK 320 in my custom '57 Chevy Convertible (4 buckets) and have a few questions...

The front seats have the air bladders in them with the controller that resides in between the seat and the center console. How much air pressure was plumbed into them originally? I've got Air Ride suspension so I can tap into that plumbing for my air, but it operates @ 150 psi. I'm afraid to pop the bladders with that much pressure. Do I need to come up with a way to regulate that down?

How do you get the handle off the seat back lever (high outside corner) that allows it to fall forward?

There's a motor of some kind in the seat back, what did that operate?

Based on the wiring, I'm assuming there are seat heaters in there as well, are they seat and back? The wiring is pretty small gauge and since I have to come up with my own switching, do they work via standard power/ground? Don't see any black/red.

Thanks for the help.

Charlie

Flower Mound, TX
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) 05 E55 Estate. 11 Golf TDi
Ooff! Tough questions, here's a free bump for ya. Hopefully some of the experts can chime in a give you a hand!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Dont have all your answers, but I'll help with a couple for ya. The motor in the seat back is to raise/lower headrest. They do heat the seat and the seat back. The bladder runs off the central locking PSE. Im not sure of the pressure but it's no where near 150psi. Im sure you could rig a simple regulator to drop the pressure but at full pressure ud pop those bags. OEM uses a controller for each seat. Not sure what wiring your referring to but the trigger side of the relays would use a small guage to the controller. Would be slick if you could integrate the OEM controllers into your doors.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
57 Chevy Convertible
Did find out the pressure is around 30psi in the stock air system, so a regulator will take care of lowering what I have in the Air Ride. Since I live in TX, seat heaters aren't real high on the "needs" list but I do want to get them working. They go to the interior shop in the next 30 days, so I guess I'll get them to take pics of everything when they get the stock seat covers off and go from there.

I have some '99 Chrysler LHS seat switches (small and full function) I'm going to integrate into the lower plastic side shells to drive the seat motors. Since I didn't have the door switches or the console switches for the seats, I bailed on the controllers and sold them to cover what I had in the seats.

Any idea how to get the handle off the seat back lever (high outside corner) that allows it to tip forward?

Thanks,
Charlie