CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Cold Air Induction Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 2.3 Compresssor
Cold Air Induction Kit

A few months back I asked about fitting a cold air induction kit to my W208 CLK 230K and got no response. Is there some sort of problem fitting such a kit to my car, I'm just curious now.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 145 Likes on 108 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
I would think its pretty straight forward enough. Its not rocket science and if you are handy you can buy some universal pipe work and a cone air filter and mount it youself away from the heat of the engine at the front of the car behind the bumper but still allowing it to get fresh air.
I have the same car as you and boy is it loud without the filter box as you get the induction noise from the filter and then the huge whine from the Kompressor due to the fact that the vented air is forced back into the factory standard air box for quietness by via the recirc flap on the side of your airbox which is asically our dump valve !
I was curious as to how it would sound vented so tried it once and although it sounds very mean, I prefered to keep the standard set up for quieter driving !

I posted a video of the sound the Kompressor makes when just vented to air...

http://youtu.be/G1LoFGHa1fg
Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 2.3 Compresssor
Cold Air Induction

Good video, I like the sound, I don't suppose you'd like to add a couple of pics of under the bonnet, just so I can see the pipe work that's needed.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
550HP+ ///AMG CL55 Kompressor, Ducati 916bp, Yamaha R1 WSBK replica
I made one on our slk230k a few years back.. Used a cone filter mounted down by the fog lights. You can pick up a universal intake tube at the local auto parts store. They are kept near the import 'tuning parts' lol Worked good, but much louder when finished.