CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK320 Not Starting...CPS ? or Something else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 Not Starting...CPS ? or Something else?

I am currently dealing with a big problem, what happen in my case is my car start normally, i reached the first red light, then it died...Started back up again and it did start. Second time i drove my car, same thing except it took 2 min to started back up again, and the engine light came one...The Third time, same thing except it never started again...that was 3 weeks ago...I've been troubleshooting it since and now i am really desperate and don't know what else i can do other than scrap the car...

When we tried to read that error, it said clearly crankshaft position sensor, so first thing i did was to buy a new part and replace it. (My initial CPS was stuck and broke as we tried to take it out so i had to remove the tranny and break the part out ...)
However the car would still not start, the engine light did not clear out, and still said CPS...The dealer thought there was a GAP between the sensor and the Flywheel, but no such thing as a GAP the Sensor is magnetic and it holds on the flywheel as it should...The 2pin Cable that send the signal of the CPS to the ECU is fine...
Using MB star software, we tried to read the RPM by manually spin the engine but 0 RPM came...so we thought the ECU is not getting the signal sent by the CPS, until we discovered while checking the drive authorization, it said Specified value: ''Immobilizer is activated''; Actual Value: ''Immobilizer is activated''...we tried to turn off the Immobilizer but it seems the car is not allowing us to change it...

So in other words, it seems the car is purposely not allowing me starting my own car...

I have no idea why this is happening and above all i have no idea how to fix it...Anyone knows why ? 2001 CLK320