CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

NEED HELP WITH LOWERING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
01 CLK 320
NEED HELP WITH LOWERING

okay so im at the stock ride height and i have 17" rims not sure how low i should go. i dont want to slam the car and i dont want buy springs that look like its the OEM height. not trying to spend more than $270 on springs. i know its better to get shocks as well but i dont have money for that now.

heres a pic of my car
http://postimage.org/image/tktf3lhox/

i would like to be this low and this flush
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ic-my-clk.html

my plan is to drop it so that the fenders look like they are just skimming the top of the tire. after lowering i plan on putting spacer. also not sure what size i need. id like for the wheels to be completely flush with the fenders, not popping out of the car i have 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear. the rims might be changed in the spring time to 18" c55 amg wheels

any info will be appreciated

soon a 320 will be converted into a 5.5 amg, soon......
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
I would wait to have the money to buy both springs and shocks at the same time. If you haven't done so already, you can lower your car by changing out the spring pads which comes in different thicknesses. I got #1 spring pads on my rears and was running #3 on the front on my H&R Sports Cup Kit shocks and springs.

I assume you didn't get any responses because your answers could have been found by doing a little research on the forum because this has been discussed a million times.