CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

tranny feels laggy after long drives.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes clk55 AMG
tranny feels laggy after long drives.

so i was driving today from st cloud to minneapolis which is about 70miles. after i got to minneapolis and stop at a stop slight i had to press the gas just to get going.rpm goe up but it feels like im pulling a trailer.i never experience in quick drives but mostly when i drive long distance.its very random.when i restart the car its back to normal.does any one have any idea what would cause this?also the other day after some driving,gear changes got really rough.like something hitting you on the back.but again everything was normal after i restart the car.
recent maintanance include fluid flush with filter.i did it the cooling line method.rough shift was caused before i changed it.any help would be appreciated
Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Have you performed the reset procedure for the "adaptive" shifting lately? Get in, turn key to the run accessory II, or run position, do not start it, press and hold the gas petal all the way down past the kick down button, hold for 15 solid seconds, keep holding, turn key to the off position but leave it in the ignition, remove your foot from the petal, wait 3 minutes, remove key, start vehicle, and drive the way you want it to shift for the first 40 shifts, run it up to 60 if you can so it goes through all gears. If you want more aggressive shifting, drive it hard, if you want lower shift points, drive it easy.