CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

EURO comand and TV in motion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
EURO comand and TV in motion

In case anyone is interested, I had access to stardiagnose with pre june 2002 software last saturday and I had several euro spec W210/W208 comands reprogrammed to make them suiteable for TV (DVD) while in motion...

The non reprogrammed comands cost 1400USD installed and the reprogrammed ones only cost 100USD more (which probably sounds better then the 450USD I saw quoted by a USA based company on the net)...

All reprogrammed comands are refurbished and come with a 3 month warranty...

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 08-11-2003 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Re: EURO comand and TV in motion

Originally posted by MBenzNL
In case anyone is interested, I had access to stardiagnose with pre june 2002 software last saturday and I had several euro spec W210/W208 comands reprogrammed to make them suiteable for TV (DVD) while in motion...

The non reprogrammed comands cost 1400USD installed (excluding the 250USD costing wood panel) and the reprogrammed ones only cost 100USD more (which probably sounds better then the 450USD I saw quoted by a USA based company on the net)...

All reprogrammed comands are refurbished and come with a 3 month warranty...

greetingz,

What is the wood panel for? If we already have the non-reprogrammed COMAND, do we have to replace the unit?
Steve, can you email me or pm me the price to make the COMAND tv ready?

People with the option TV installed, can you guys tell me what channel and how many channels you get?

Thanks,

Solihin
Old 08-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Re: Re: EURO comand and TV in motion

Originally posted by hinhin7
What is the wood panel for?
It is for the W210 where I posted this message first...I spend too much time behind the compu today... :o

Making comands TV ready is something I can only do on an occasioanl saturday when I have a load of comands...not something I can have done for 1 single comand (uploading older stardiagnose software takes approx 1,5 hours after which the newer software has to be uploaded again - which is another 1,5 hour)...

In most cases I am willing to trade in comand units I sold and installed previously though...

greetingz,
Old 08-11-2003, 11:44 AM

MB
Re: Re: Re: EURO comand and TV in motion

Originally posted by MBenzNL
It is for the W210 where I posted this message first...I spend too much time behind the compu today... :o

Making comands TV ready is something I can only do on an occasioanl saturday when I have a load of comands...not something I can have done for 1 single comand (uploading older stardiagnose software takes approx 1,5 hours after which the newer software has to be uploaded again - which is another 1,5 hour)...

In most cases I am willing to trade in comand units I sold and installed previously though...

greetingz,
If I swap the old COMAND unit to the reprogrammed COMAND, will I still be able to add the TV option on the reprogrammed COMAND?
can you email me with the price to hinhin7@yahoo.com?
Steve, please refresh my memory, to be able to watch DVD on the COMAND, you have to have output cables to be connected to the DVD player, am i right? So, basically you have to have the output jack + DVD player on your car?

Thanks,

Solihin
Old 08-11-2003, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Does it play DVD when you insert one in? Or you need a DVD player to play DVDs. Thanks.

-Bruce
Old 08-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
To be able to watch TV and or DVD you need additional parts...the normal comand system with added TV tuner does not allow one to watch while the car is in motion and that is something that cannot be changed by mercedes anymore (unless the MB dealer has kept and is willing to use older stardiagnose software).

greetingz,
Old 08-12-2003, 09:23 PM

clk430, e500
hay Steve,
what about the w211 euro comand navi?
do u have them yet ?

thx
Old 08-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
The W211 is loaded with all kind of possible software bugs...and the W211 DVD comand is no exception as far as these bugs go...I prefer to wait a while till MB has solved their software problems before I start "hacking" on 211s...

greetingz,
Old 08-13-2003, 06:05 PM

clk430, e500
thx alot Steve
let me know when the w211 comand are readly
i would like to have one
Old 08-14-2003, 04:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
I booked my plane tickets and due to the low number of confirmed installs, I will only be staying for a short while (late August and early Septemer).

I will be in the following area's for sure:
* NY/NJ
* Philladelphia
* Boston
* Washington DC
* Orlando (Florida)

...and maybe in Denver...

Parts will be shipped on monday - tuesday at the latest so anyone who does want something comand related installed, make up your mind fast and be ready to deposit 200USD per paypal.

greetingz,