CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk not shifting correctly to 4th gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99 CLK 320
Clk not shifting correctly to 4th gear

When the car gets to rpms where it wants to shift to 4th gear from 3rd, i have to let go off the gas because otherwise the call will rev as if its searching for a gear,when i let go of the gas it kind of jumps into gear roughly. Also if i forget to let go of the gas fast enough,the car will get out of sync with gears and i have to come to a complete stop before hitting the gas will make the car move.

history: replaced engine mounts,transmission mount,replaced transmission fluid,filter,gasket. Replaced transmission connector adapter,replaced tcm (because fluid entered the old tcm from leaking transmission connector). No fault codes except 0400 which egr gas recirculation. Erased adaptation values using carsoft, used http://www.europeantransmissions.com...0Procedure.pdf for tips on reprogramming proper values. Again no fault codes except 0400. Also the valve body was replaced about nine months ago by previous owner,i have receipts.

Last edited by torezcoleman; 02-11-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: more information