CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

rough jump idle, hard start issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk200k
Exclamation rough jump idle, hard start issue

HI to everyone. Before starting wanted to say thanks to the developers for this helpfull site. I did some research for my issue, but havent come to an answer yet. I have a clk200k 199 and has 200k on it, but is very well held, all the bells and whisels work. My car need to or three times to start, and the idle is rough between 7000-8000 and the engine looks like missfire, its jumpy. I did went and had scaned to MB shop, and it came out cilynder 1,3. But after the dealer erased the error, the car started wright up for the hole day, which I had to do like 15 times. The next day the same thing. In the moring starts easy. The two cilynders have cable running to the glowplugs jot like the ones that have a direct ignition coil pluget in. Some say change coils, but looks strange that both have half not working, some say ignition cable, caps, glow plugs, etc and list goes on. But the car accelerates well after its starts. Please help
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk200k
Update. I did reset by turning the wheel, and it did fix the starting problem, like the first time at MB shop, but it came up again the next day. Anyone have any idea why it starts good after clearing the error, and after a while the problem shows up again