CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How to add bluetooth phone to CLK 320?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
How to add bluetooth phone to CLK 320?

This is a CLK 320, model year 2000. It has phone buttons on the steering wheel but no phone equipment installed. I want to add bluetooth connectivity for my iPhone and I want the steering wheel buttons to work and in other ways for the whole thing to (appear to) be fully integrated with the car.

Can anyone point me to resources to help me do this? Such as:

- What's the wiring diagram for this part of the car's circuitry?
- Is there an OEM module available for this and what's the part number (hopefully I can find a used one)
- Where are the connectors positioned (for radio muting for example) and where physically is the module positioned?
- Where do the wires from the steering wheel buttons appear (what connector and physically where?)

I don't know what would be the best approach: ideally the complete "MB-approved" method, with used parts; or otherwise some kind of hack to connect up to the steering wheel buttons, radio mute signal and, maybe, the mic and/or speakers. (I did the latter successfully on my Lexus SC400 using an Ericsson HCB30 handsfree, which I still have and could potentially transfer to the CLK).

Anyhow, you get the general idea. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet
Search the forum for this. It has been addressed about a thousand times. It can be a bit frustrating. There are all sorts of radio upgrades, mods, etc., but, if you want the whole shooting match, buttons fully functional, et. al., as you have described, if it's possible, then it is going to cost you some real dough, and a whole lot of time.

A simpler route might be to install an iphone compatible radio with Bluetooth, and a couple of adapters to gain some limited usage of the wheel buttons.

Search the forum for some radio and modding suggestions, then search the Crutchfield website for compatible radios and adapters.

Best of luck.