CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2000 CLK 430 NO RESPONSE THROTTLE BAD IDLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG
2000 CLK 430 NO RESPONSE THROTTLE BAD IDLE

I have a 2000 CLK430 with a Kleemann Kompressor, I bought the vehicle at an auction so it prolly sat for a little time with the batter discharged. Im having serious idle problems. I scanned the system with Mercedes Benz scanner and got a code for 16/6 Throttle Valve Actuator, I installed a used throttle body but still have the same issue I can start the but the Idle is totally off jumping up and down in PARK and NEUTRAL, when I press on the accelerator I have zero response....

What can it be? Do I have to do a throttle body adaptation? Could it be a mass air flow sensor? Fuel Filter? Throttle Position Sensor? Should I get a different throttle body? When I disconnected the Mass Airflow sensor it wouldnt even stay on, dies out right the way...........Is there a Vacumm Leak? Please HELP
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Hey Guys, still no response to this?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've got a friend in exactly the same situation.

His car sat for a few months with the battery flat, he charged the battery and now he has no throttle and car 'hunts' on idle!

He sent the throttle body away for cleaning and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it!

He has done an EGR delete a year with no problems.

What else can he do?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:19 PM

02 CLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Pauljay
Hey Guys, still no response to this?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've got a friend in exactly the same situation.

His car sat for a few months with the battery flat, he charged the battery and now he has no throttle and car 'hunts' on idle!

He sent the throttle body away for cleaning and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it!

He has done an EGR delete a year with no problems.

What else can he do?
I replaced two throtle bodies all used with 40K on them and when I plug them in I dont even see the throttle body get any reaction as if there was a electrical issues with the harness. Im actually selling the car AS IS

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/ctd/4047581030.html
Old 09-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
CAR NOW FIXED!!

My friends car was taken to Mercedes on a flatbed.

Turns out that it was a bad CPS (crank position sensor).

Half a day to find the fault, £40 for part but 4hrs labour!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
I had an identical situation few years ago. Charging the battery doesnt do it just put in a new one. That did the trick for me. If not that change the MAF sensor. The other causes can be either a loose ground connection( check ground points by the ECU box, under windshield washer bottle, trunk where the battery negative terminal connects to the frame). If all failed then change the throttle actuator module, its on the driver side by your brake booster. But try a brand new battery first.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:11 PM

2001 CLK430, 1987 560 Sec
Check the Throttle Position Sensor. I was simply driving one day, gave it some pedal to pass someone and it felt like the car had shut down. No power at all plus rough idle. The tell tale test was the engine would speed up but very slowly like from idle to say 2500 rpm took about 12-15 seconds. I could kinda sorta drive it but it was a chore in traffic. My indy replaced the TPS and all is good. It's fairly easy to DIY, I think the part by itself is about $150 or so.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 09-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.