CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

alarm goes off on its own

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013 | 01:30 PM

2007 CLK 350 Cab
alarm goes off on its own

I have a 2000 clk 430 cab
I look the doors, i walk away and then the alarm starts to go off, the siren then stops and the flashers stay blinking. and it eventually stops. i don't know if this always happens, i usually have a neighbor call me and tell me my alarm is going off. I'm not sure why this is happening, but from what i been reading it seems like i have to replace the horn. I also read others complain on how loud the alarm is, my alarm is not not loud at all.

I called the dealer and they wanted $185 for a new siren, which i think is way too much.

When i lock or unlock the doors i do not hear anything i just see the flashers flashing 3x is there a way to turn on that feature.
Old 07-24-2013 | 06:28 PM

Clk 430
sounds like the battery on the siren. i had the same issue i believe its located in one of the wheel wells. But i went through dealer couple hours and no issues since. if you lock your doors manually your alarm will not sound. however, it wont sound if broken into either.