CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need a few parts for my 2000 W208 CLK430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a few parts for my 2000 W208 CLK430

Been going mad looking for the following. Thought I'd post here and see if anyone can help. Been reading through the threads the last few days and haven't been able to make a decision where to start!

1) Two of my original 17" AMG wheels are bent. Looking to replace them. Anyone selling the original wheels, or can suggest what other wheels I can add to a stock CLK without needing spacers, etc?

2) A/C assembly. Both auto buttons and the + button for the fan have broken. Considering replacing the entire unit.

3) Front bumper assembly. As I'm sure a lot of you know, the CLK bumper hooks onto curbs very easily. If anyone is selling a used one in decent condition (preferably already painted black), please PM me!

4) Antenna cover.

Thank you for the help!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
1) I like my Roderick wheels. 19 is the smallest size. They fit with no spacers or issues in place of the stock wheels. They also accept Mercedes OEM center caps so they look very nice and OEM. Most people think they are. You may be able to source some stock wheels from a local salvage yard. I saw a full set near me on craigslist for about $550 with tires on them.

2) Check Ebay or local salvage dealer

3) Good luck, since they all have the same issue, it's very hard to find a used front bumper that is not damaged. You will have to buy new OEM replacement cover or get yours repaired. Body kits seem like a good option, but you will pay a lot to have it properly installed and not look like crap.

4) I just got the antenna cap and gasket kit. $25 and available on Ebay or most parts sites like Autohausaz or Rockauto.

Last edited by jonUF02; 07-21-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonUF02
1) I like my Roderick wheels. 19 is the smallest size. They fit with no spacers or issues in place of the stock wheels. They also accept Mercedes OEM center caps so they look very nice and OEM. Most people think they are. You may be able to source some stock wheels from a local salvage yard. I saw a full set near me on craigslist for about $550 with tires on them.

2) Check Ebay or local salvage dealer

3) Good luck, since they all have the same issue, it's very hard to find a used front bumper that is not damaged. You will have to buy new OEM replacement cover or get yours repaired. Body kits seem like a good option, but you will pay a lot to have it properly installed and not look like crap.

4) I just got the antenna cap and gasket kit. $25 and available on Ebay or most parts sites like Autohausaz or Rockauto.
Thank you for the response! Do you Rodericks have any offset issues, or cause problems with cruise control?

Was it easy to install the antenna cover and gasket yourself? I see a lot of similar products on there but not sure if they're the same size as the original.

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
The Roderick wheels are designed to fit Mercedes with proper offset and no spacers, even the OEM center caps, which you can get in a wide variety of styles on Ebay if you want something a little different. Mine are staggered 19 inch. I believe the front are 8.5 wide and have a smaller lip. The Rear have a big fat lip, about 4". Everyone loves the way they look. I don't really use cruise control, but it works. I don't know the exact offsets and measurements that were ordered because I didn't buy them, but I'm sure they will help you find the right ones.

Read this:
http://roderickwheels.com/blog/?p=54

Antenna kit is no longer available from Mercedes, but now available after-market. Mine is made by Uro Parts. It literally took less than 5 minutes to change. 1 hex screw holds the cap down. Remove the old rubber and replace with new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-CLK55-AMG-E320-E430-E55-AMG-W210-Roof-Antenna-Rubber-Seal-Kit-NEW-/281043123200?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACLK430&hash=item416f79bc00&vxp=mtr
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I have seen this car in person and those wheels are Pro-Benz

Gator