CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Partial Solution for Inability to Reset Service Reminder Message "Service Due Now"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Audi Q7 SUV
Partial Solution for Inability to Reset Service Reminder Message "Service Due Now"

After changing the oil in my '99 CLK430 I was unable to reset the "Service Due Now" message that had been appearing for a couple weeks. I had previously been able to reset the service reminder message by following the instructions on page 93 of the manual (a page which I keep a copy of in the glovebox as I refer to it often) but this time had no luck. I stopped by the local M-B dealer to buy a couple parts, including a low beam light bulb, and had the service manager attempt to reset the message. No luck; he gave up. Got home, installed the bulb and BINGO! the display that had also flashed the message that the bulb was burned out now said "Service Due in 200 Miles". I was then able to reset the display at that point so that it correctly read 10,000 miles. So . . . . If you have a burned out lamp - or possibly another pending problem on the display, the display may not reset. And as a reminder - to reset the display, the doors have to be closed AND the electronic (not the valet) key used.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Hey Don,

Thanks for sharing that with us, I hope you don't go 10k between changes but it happens.
I normally start preparing for service around 5k but that's "me" My A FSS service is non existent but B service is diligently executed with torqueing chassis components and brake inspection.
1 lamp causing all that grief.

Gator