CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Squeaks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Squeaks!

Guys,

HELP! Getting some interior squeaks and I am hoping that someone can tell me a resolution. 1. my driver seats squeaks a lot when I sit in it. (and no, I am not heavy set ) and 2. My rear seat squeak a lot when I am on rough roads. I mean SQUEAK. Like something is rubbing. Now I thought maybe it was the rear sun shade, so I put that down for a few days and drove around, but that isn't it.

MB gave me this lame excuse that the squeaks are apparent because I condition my leather. ARE YOU KIDDING!!

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

This is me ------->
Old 09-10-2003, 01:00 PM

'98 CLK 200, RAV4
Squeaks in the seats??: Yesterday finally i got mines TOTALLY fixed!

Mines were in both front seats due to the contact between the leather and the plastic of the chassis of the seat. it was very embarrasing each time i shifted (my car is manual) to hear a clear noise coming out from my butt .....

The solution of the felps ¿? proposed in this forum was not recommended by the leather company that prepared my car (interior total covered in anthrazit leather), so they decided to dismount both seats and to cover the inferior part of the cushion sewing an additional piece of black fabric (not leather), so the contact between the cushion and the chassis in fabric , not leather.

Every noise dissapeared completely! The look is also great (a 1/2 inch shape on black fabric around the chassis).

3 hours work total (dismount, fix, sew, mount and check) ... and totally free! (i had previously paid more than 2k € for getting all the leather work in the car)

Carlos
Old 09-10-2003, 01:10 PM
D42

CLK 430
Originally posted by cdetorres
it was very embarrasing each time i shifted (my car is manual) to hear a clear noise coming out from my butt .....

Vaarooooooom *shift* Poooot vaaaarrrrrrooooooom *shift* Poot.....

HAHAHA
Old 09-10-2003, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Vaarooooooom *shift* Poooot vaaaarrrrrrooooooom *shift* Poot.....

LOL

Niiiice.. Relentless. So the guys got a gas problem. It isn't his fault! LOL
Old 09-10-2003, 02:48 PM

99' CLK 320 Coupe
Originally posted by cdetorres
Squeaks in the seats??: Yesterday finally i got mines TOTALLY fixed!

Mines were in both front seats due to the contact between the leather and the plastic of the chassis of the seat. it was very embarrasing each time i shifted (my car is manual) to hear a clear noise coming out from my butt .....

The solution of the felps ¿? proposed in this forum was not recommended by the leather company that prepared my car (interior total covered in anthrazit leather), so they decided to dismount both seats and to cover the inferior part of the cushion sewing an additional piece of black fabric (not leather), so the contact between the cushion and the chassis in fabric , not leather.

Every noise dissapeared completely! The look is also great (a 1/2 inch shape on black fabric around the chassis).

3 hours work total (dismount, fix, sew, mount and check) ... and totally free! (i had previously paid more than 2k € for getting all the leather work in the car)

Carlos

Got any pics to share? ol buddy ol pal.....hmmm?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 PM

1998 CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR
Finally I've fixed my rear seat squeak today. Before, I tryed everything: Silicon spraying under the seat cushions, inserting foam under the backrests, keep open that little ski door...
Finally, today I saw the light: With a screwdriver I extracted from its metallic seat the upper border of the rear leather seats. Over! No more squeaks!
Anyway, it could be difficult to explain in Italian: figure it out in English! I hope you folks can understand it...

Mauro
Old 09-10-2003, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Finally, today I saw the light: With a screwdriver I extracted from its metallic seat the upper border of the rear leather seats. Over! No more squeaks
Extracted what?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:47 PM

1998 CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR
I've extracted... the upper border of the leather of the rear seats! In other words, you have to overturn the backrests and use a screwdriver to extract (on the back of the seats) the upper border of the leather from its metallic guide. A 30 seconds operation! No more squeaks! And don't worry: When you'll close the backrests nothing you've done will be evident!

Mauro
Old 09-10-2003, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Awesome, going to try it tonight!!!!!!

What about the front seats, any squeaks.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:14 PM

1998 CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR
ldangeli, I can't suggest anything for the front seats, because I don't have any squeaking there. Anyway, let me know if that worked for you too!

Mauro
Old 09-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
I've heard some squeaks but not all the time and don't know from where. I guess I won't have to worry too much about it.

Hey mandracchio, can you take some pics of what you removed and where you removed it from?
Old 09-10-2003, 06:20 PM

1998 CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR
Sorry, at the moment I don't have a camera at hand. You'll have to trust me...

Mauro
Old 09-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Originally posted by mandracchio
Sorry, at the moment I don't have a camera at hand. You'll have to trust me...

Mauro
Trust is not the issue, it's the location that's bothering me. As in where exactly to snip.