CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Problems with driver window and seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 430
Problems with driver window and seat

This is my first post, so don't shoot me if it's wrong lol
Ok, my driver side window stopped rolling down and my seat stopped moving at the same time. I've heard if you unplug the door module it may work again, did that, l no luck. I replaced the door module and it neither is working, I know the motors are still good because the seat moves when you lean it forward to get in the back seat, and the window motor works because one day I started to put the roof down and the windows automatically rolled down. The window wouldn't go up for a week, then one day I tried it and I heard what sounded like a squeak/scratching sound from the module/seat control area. Before the window stopped working it always made that sound before it would work so I knew in a few minutes it would go up and it did. Hasn't gone down since. Any ideas on what I can try next?

Update: Last night I was driving at night and noticed the memory buttons for the seat (the buttons on the door numbered 1,2,3) were lit, so I tried them and the seat worked, all functions. So I tried the window, the window didn't work, the lights on the door buttons turned off, and the seats stopped working again. So something in the window is cutting off the power to my seat controls.....Any ideas?

Last edited by tchemelion; 10-13-2013 at 08:25 AM.