CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

R.I.P. Paul Walker, you will be missed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2013 | 08:54 AM

2001 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 Coupe
Unhappy R.I.P. Paul Walker, you will be missed.

I have heard recently that over the holiday weekend Actor Paul Walker was attending a charity benefit with a friend in northern L.A. They left the event in a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. Not an easy car to handle, Jay leno has one and he has said this car scares the s#$% out of me, its so powerful and twitchy. His freind was driving (professional race car driver) when the car which was reportedly traveling in excess of the posted speed limit lost control and crashed into a roadside light pole. Upon impact the car burst into flames preventing any kind of rescue. Cant say enough how this will affect the fast and the furious franchise but I can say he will be missed. So tragic. My prayers go out for the family and friends, my condolences for your loss.
Old 12-02-2013 | 12:14 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Very Sad... Young guy and left a kid behind... Curious as to why the car burst into flames, manufactures go to some length to ensure that doesn't happen, hopefully neither was conscious.

Originally Posted by HWYSTAR
I have heard recently that over the holiday weekend Actor Paul Walker was attending a charity benefit with a friend in northern L.A. They left the event in a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. Not an easy car to handle, Jay leno has one and he has said this car scares the s#$% out of me, its so powerful and twitchy. His freind was driving (professional race car driver) when the car which was reportedly traveling in excess of the posted speed limit lost control and crashed into a roadside light pole. Upon impact the car burst into flames preventing any kind of rescue. Cant say enough how this will affect the fast and the furious franchise but I can say he will be missed. So tragic. My prayers go out for the family and friends, my condolences for your loss.
Old 12-02-2013 | 03:19 PM

W208 CLK55 AMG, W203 C32 AMG, W163 M Class Sport
There are always variables on the street that are taken out of the equation when driving on the track. It sounds like a terrible natural consequence to a bad decision. It's definitely a tragedy and sad.

It reminds me of Ryan Dunn's Porsche catching fire after skidding off the street and crashing.
Old 12-02-2013 | 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Someone else big died a few years ago with the same car that was up in flames. Wondering if it's an issue with the car.
Old 12-03-2013 | 06:37 AM

2001 CLK 55 AMG, 2008 Yamaha R1 RM
Wonder if it is the car..It's so sad. He was in the passenger seat, I always feel so uneasy when I'm not in control of a vehicle as it is.. RIP Paul walker..He was a stand up guy for sure.