CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Wheel Bolts Question.... help! :P

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Bolts Question.... help! :P

So I purchased Bruce's Wheels, but I'm wondering If my OEM bolts would work. I took one of the OEM bolts out of and see how much it sticks out on the back of the Iforged's, but it seems to stick out pretty far... pass the threads. Is this how it supposed to be? I used the Stock OEM bolts for my Carlsson 19" 2/5's and they seemed to work fine. They were offset 35 all around. The Iforged are offset 32 front and 27 in the rear. Would anyone know if the Stock bolts would work or do I need to get some new bolts? The rims are sitting in my garage and I'm rolling on stock until I find out what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 11-15-2003, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
don't use them unless you know for sure it will fit, else, you will regret it for a long time to come.

Measure the length the bolts stick out past the stock wheels... then measure the length the bolts stick out past the new wheels, if the length of the bolt is the same, then, go ahead of use them..

If the bolts are shorter on the iforged wheels, then it can be potentially unsafe to use as not enough thread is gripping onto the hub.

If the bolts are longer on the iforged wheels, then the rear bolts may hit the emergency brakes which will be a $600+ repair... If it is too long, you can use a saw and cut it shorter....

If the bolt is too short, then you'll have to get newer, longer bolts...
Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMM....Bruce!!! help.

Bruce -

If you can possible pull out one bolt from your wheels and measure the length for me, I think I can check with Evosport or local wheel carriers for the size.

If not, I will have to drag these rims around with my stocks on...to diff wheel shops and have them measure. That would seriously suck :P

Thanks,
Rob