CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can you check condition of both cabin and air filters without unscrewing anything?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK430
Can you check condition of both cabin and air filters without unscrewing anything?

I got a service B due now for my 02 CLK 430. I just bought it from a family friend and im not sure if hes gotten it done yet and I dont really see him often. I want to know if you can check the condition of the air cabin filter and the air filter without unscrewing anything? I dont want to unscrew all of this stuff and then find out its still usable.

Also, where is the throttle linkage located?
Old 12-19-2013, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Yes, you should be okay without any tools

To change the cabin filter push the passenger seat back, lie on your back and slide the two plastic catches to the side. Pull the cabin filter down and note the position it came out, there is a longer arm that is toward the back. when you re-fit this longer arm I found is best if you push in first, or you can move the carpet for more room.

The airfilter in the engine has clips that you undo... easy
Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Actually....the answer is no. You will need a torx bit (forget size) to unscrew both boxes from the underside of the air box in order to fully inspect.

You will also need a Phillips screwdriver to unscrew a couple screws on the passenger side cover under the dash. After that is taken off you will then be able to pull a couple clips and get to the cabin filter.

Hope that helps..both are very easy to check.

Greg