CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK exhaust manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:38 PM
gnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C208
CLK exhaust manifold

Hello friends, i'm new here first of all sorry for my bad english language.
I have mercedes clk 200 (136HP). The problem is that i dont like my exhaust sound, i changed my catalytic converter, resonator, and the muffler, and then in internet i read that the m111 engines exhaust manifolds sometimes rattle'ing, you know when i starting engine there is some rattle noise which is really ugly. i think my exhaust manifolds leaks, and i see that fuel consumption now is higher, can it be each other involved problem ? So now i watching new manifolds on ebay, and i want to buy this LRT k924

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Krummer-Abgas...item3cdaf107bb

Maybe someone have this manifold too ? are they worth their price ? maybe there are other better manifolds ? thank you for your answers
Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
Your problem is not one I have heard of on this forum however most of the folks here have the V6 or V8 engine. Perhaps some of our 4 cylinder members can jump in here.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk 230k 6-speed cabriolet
Hi,
The 4 cylinder manifolds are prone to cracking around the welded joint on them. Mine was cracked all the way round and only held in place by the downpipe. My local garage took it off, welded it up and refit it for £80. Far cheaper and easier than getting a new manifold. Same problem is also common with the slk.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Your English is better than most Americans.

Originally Posted by gnt
Hello friends, i'm new here first of all sorry for my bad english language.
I have mercedes clk 200 (136HP). The problem is that i dont like my exhaust sound, i changed my catalytic converter, resonator, and the muffler, and then in internet i read that the m111 engines exhaust manifolds sometimes rattle'ing, you know when i starting engine there is some rattle noise which is really ugly. i think my exhaust manifolds leaks, and i see that fuel consumption now is higher, can it be each other involved problem ? So now i watching new manifolds on ebay, and i want to buy this LRT k924

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Krummer-Abgas...item3cdaf107bb

Maybe someone have this manifold too ? are they worth their price ? maybe there are other better manifolds ? thank you for your answers