CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

It's been a fun two days..not.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG, 2008 Yamaha R1 RM
It's been a fun two days..not.

Short story time :P Well, it was time for a transmission flush.. but the guy I usually go to was out of town. So I decided to go to a place that SAID they deal, and have experience with Mercedes and other European cars.I did have a small leak in the connector so they offered to replace it, I said that is fine. I come to pick her up at the end of the day and it seems to be driving great until I get about a mile home..then it goes into limp mode! So I take it back the next day and they said it could be the conductor plate, so they change it out with a new one no charge. They go out to test drive and they tell me it still is in limp mode( I don't think they even had the proper software to reset codes) ..I told them to **** off and I took it home, after asking for any error codes it was throwing out. The only one being p0788. Besides the recent small leak that started two weeks before I took it in the transmission was shifting fine.

Lesson of the day is don't be an impatient retard and take it to someone who knows what they're doing. I'm just hoping they didn't do something major to it.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG, 2008 Yamaha R1 RM
Well, my buddy was back and town..and my car was fixed in an hour! lol. The other shop is now refunding my money. The "new" connector they installed at the first shop was missing an o ring..they also pushed it in way to far bending the pins. The conductor plate also had damage to it caused by the first shop.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320 and sl320 V6
Probably put the wrong oil in too