CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

w208 Seat wire diagram ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 mercedez benz clk 430
Exclamation w208 Seat wire diagram ???

Does anyone have a wire diagram or schematic for the power seats on a clk 430
I am having a problem with the seat back not locking in on the passanger seat. I found a broken wire on the second connector from the door on the control modual under the seat. I fixed it but no difference. Also where are the fuses for that function on the seat, I found one burnt out fuse in the trunck. That fixed my driver seat fore and aft function.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Magma Red W208 55 AMG, W203 C230 Kompressor Sedan 6speed M/T, W220 S500
Have you checked the fuse location under the hood?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Have not looked at fuses under hood or in doorjam/ side of dash board.
Any idea of what fuses go to what in any of the fuse boxes. Most older cars whould have listed that in the manual but I guess the Benz does not.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Magma Red W208 55 AMG, W203 C230 Kompressor Sedan 6speed M/T, W220 S500
Originally Posted by lorenzo w benzo
Have not looked at fuses under hood or in doorjam/ side of dash board.
Any idea of what fuses go to what in any of the fuse boxes. Most older cars whould have listed that in the manual but I guess the Benz does not.
There should be a card under the lid of the fuse box. If not than I'm sure one could be found online. I personally would go through and check all of them.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
did you ever find the wiring diagram for the seats?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:48 AM

No not yet Hitman
I did check all the fused in truck and dashboard
The following users liked this post:
Reggiexp (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Clk 200 kompressor w208
hey

Originally Posted by lorenzo w benzo
No not yet Hitman
I did check all the fused in truck and dashboard
mighr be old but i cant find the 12v constant power for the seats? cause ever 7 days my battery is dead.. or i need to start it and drive every day then its fine.
'could be my double din radio but that is on the sigar lightner that only works with the key, or my amp maybe i dont know, but some thread said eletric seat do draain the battery and its useless that its always on cause i dont have memory thing i just got forward and up and down on the seat.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 175 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
When the car is off, some circuits still draw power from the battery (e.g. central locking, radio, anti-theft etc.) however, If more than 50 milliamps is being drawn, something is using too much battery power and you need to isolate the circuit responsible for the high current draw.

You can do this by disconnecting the negative battery cable and connecting an amp meter in series, between the cable and battery post. Next, begin pulling fuses, one by one, to find the circuit responsible for the high current draw. By isolating the circuit, you will greatly narrow down the problem area. Then you can disconnect potential modules, look for short circuits, make sure dome/trunk/glove box lights are switching off etc.

Off means key out of the ignition. Additionally, wait a few minutes before testing, because after the car is turned off, the current draw will be much higher, due to time delay circuitry that needs to end.
The following users liked this post:
Reggiexp (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Clk 200 kompressor w208
Originally Posted by Serndipity
When the car is off, some circuits still draw power from the battery (e.g. central locking, radio, anti-theft etc.) however, If more than 50 milliamps is being drawn, something is using too much battery power and you need to isolate the circuit responsible for the high current draw.

You can do this by disconnecting the negative battery cable and connecting an amp meter in series, between the cable and battery post. Next, begin pulling fuses, one by one, to find the circuit responsible for the high current draw. By isolating the circuit, you will greatly narrow down the problem area. Then you can disconnect potential modules, look for short circuits, make sure dome/trunk/glove box lights are switching off etc.

Off means key out of the ignition. Additionally, wait a few minutes before testing, because after the car is turned off, the current draw will be much higher, due to time delay circuitry that needs to end.
okay good idea i will try that when i got the time. i mean i guess its my amp, or something with my sound (also got a wierd buzz noice in the rear speakers wich got better by changing the cauxs cables but still is there)