CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 430 Drivers side Window and climate control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2014 | 12:49 PM

CLK 430
Question CLK 430 Drivers side Window and climate control

Hi there. I am sorry if I did post at the wrong place, I am new to this forum.

I have 2000 CLK 430 and run in to 2 problems. If any one give me hands on this one.

1. a Driver side window problem. When I just got the car. driver side window did work but had a problem to go up, then i had to help it with hands and then its just stop going up and regulator mechanism fell off the mountings. So i had to open the door cover and inspect the regulator. it looks damaged there fore i did purchased new one and replaced it. but looks like the window is off the rails so i am just wandering how to place window back on trucks properly. Space is limited and access to some spots is nearly impossible. I tried to find a video on youtube showing a procedure but could not find anything. If any one could guide me or give me a video source it would be awesome.

2. second problem is minor but very annoying. the back lights on climate control unit r not working. I did take it out and replaced the ampoules. I did use an LAD lights. so did put it back in but its steal not working. Any ideas? The unit itself is working fine. but when is dark I need to turn on the lights in order to make changes. I am just wandering if unit must be some how reset after back lights had been replaced or may be there is some kind of fuse what is responsible for it or it is just a unit problem and its should be replaced completely.

I am highly appreciate ur replies and would like apologize one more time if i did post at the wrong place.