CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

hoen day time running bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hoen day time running bulbs

I seen a couple of thread that were discussing about this hoen bulbs at http://www.hoen-usa.com/

did anyone actually try the bulbs yet?

anyone that had the best combination of xenon and day time running lights?
i know quite a few ppl try a differnet type of bulbs and combinations

let me know plz
thanks
Old 12-10-2003, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: hoen day time running bulbs

Originally posted by twboy
I seen a couple of thread that were discussing about this hoen bulbs at http://www.hoen-usa.com/

did anyone actually try the bulbs yet?

anyone that had the best combination of xenon and day time running lights?
i know quite a few ppl try a differnet type of bulbs and combinations

let me know plz
thanks
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Hoen H6W bulb pair $29.00 USD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping $7.89 USD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total $36.89 USD

I'm in the process of ordering new LEDs and I'll take some new side-by-side pictures and see if ya'll like that... and its gonna be a lot cheaper than $40 for daytime lights...

And if I get enough demand, I'll do a group buy for the forum...
Old 12-10-2003, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLk320
you already know that I'm interested danny!!!

-Greg
Old 12-10-2003, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by 3 bAn 2 PoW 0
you already know that I'm interested danny!!!

-Greg
Greg, I got you on my list... there are only a handfull of peeps interested right now, but I haven't really advertised a group buy or anything just yet...

I'm getting a few LEDs made so I can see which ones I like better... I'll take pics afterwards, and post on the forum... If I get enough interest, I'll post something for a group buy...
Old 12-11-2003, 12:40 PM

CLK
I posted that Hoan

Hi everyone..

I first post that HOEN bulb site several weeks ago..

I did about a month of research on the best after market bulbs I can get for my 2000 CLK.

I resently bought philips blue vision bulbs for my fog and city lights (head lights are HID)...The fogs looked white enough but the city lights were a grag...Still yellow but better then the stock bulbs...

this was my reasoning for my pick...

1) Didn't want over powering bulb that will draw more current then my stocks. I was affraid that it will draw more current away from other electrical moduals including other lights...I have seen others that used over WATTage fog lights that their main head lights looks deamer then their fogs.

2)I didn't want bulbs that burned in such a intensity that light flint burns out frequently.

3)wanted a white/light blue light for my city lights and my fogs to match my HID...

Considering these 3 objective I came up with philips blue vision..
Which doesn't do the job as I expect to...Stupid *** AD picture

-I have noticed that my fog light dims a little when I turn my HIDs on. I think this is due to the step up transformers that supports the HID lights...This might be a good reason not to use over rated power bulbs.
-I also found that no matter how good the bulb is, if it doesn't burn at least 5000K you won't get the white light due to principles of light spectrum. For blue will be 6000K
-CLK city lights are 6W and the fogs are 55W. I think we won't be able to get that nice HID blue for our lights without adding a transformer or breaking one of my rules.

So when I was searching through the net with disappointment I saw HOEN~!!! It looked different from all the bulbs I have seen...I think it might do the job we want without breaking the rules....
So I posted the site hoping someone else have tried it ....Before...HOAN only had H1 when I first posted the site....but now they only have H6W....???

I haven't had the chance to look at LEDs...i heard you had to put resistors to match the current so that your computer won't thing your bulbs is out and they are illegal in some states...Please let me know more about LED and when you have the HOENs please post some pictures...

feeling the same pain...
tokomo
Old 12-11-2003, 03:16 PM

99' CLK 320 Coupe
And so the quest for the perfect citylight bulbs continues.....