CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Are my Rear Camber values okay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Are my Rear Camber values okay?

Hi Guys

I have more wear on the inner edges of my rear tires in recent months then I I have noticed over the years.

It may be down to the additional weight of my sub and amp I fitted about 2 years back or possibly the type of tires I have ?
The other quite possible reason is just down to worn bushes?

I have attached the alignment I had done in 2013, can you camber gurus out there tell me if they are massively out on the rear ? or not too bad?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Camber.pdf (137.5 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-01-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Def its the tire type.. Obv my car is way lower than yours and I have Camber kit by kmac front and rear....
My front is -2.4 and -2.7 and rear -1.6 and -1.7 and caster is within the range..
When i had my summer tire on, They would wear out tooooo fast.. As soon as I changed em to All season, Im so fine now.. thank god.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by big_mike1979
Def its the tire type.. Obv my car is way lower than yours and I have Camber kit by kmac front and rear....
My front is -2.4 and -2.7 and rear -1.6 and -1.7 and caster is within the range..
When i had my summer tire on, They would wear out tooooo fast.. As soon as I changed em to All season, Im so fine now.. thank god.
Great thanks for the reply.

Is the more negative the values the more negative the camber?

Because if so your fronts are more negative as mine are -1.41 and yours are -2.5. However my rears in the case seem more negative as mine are -3.18 and yours are only -1.6?

The other point is I usualy have a lower pressure in the rears as they tended to wear in the middle due to the width of the tires. I have reduced the tires to 25psi as they were on 32psi.
My thoughts are that with the higher pressure there would be more force on the inner edge then with the lower pressure?

Last edited by A1EK; 10-02-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Originally Posted by A1EK
Great thanks for the reply.

Is the more negative the values the more negative the camber?

Because if so your fronts are more negative as mine are -1.41 and yours are -2.5. However my rears in the case seem more negative as mine are -3.18 and yours are only -1.6?

The other point is I usualy have a lower pressure in the rears as they tended to wear in the middle due to the width of the tires. I have reduced the tires to 25psi as they were on 32psi.
My thoughts are that with the higher pressure there would be more force on the inner edge then with the lower pressure?
I just expended the PDF and realized your rear Number.. Im sorry, I only saw the front numbers.. Yes , its due that you have MORE negative number, try to get it lower as much as u can.. I'm not the expert with the tire pressures but mine are set at 35 psi all around and runs fine.
Which camber are u using? If i was you, switch to Kmac rear camber.. I was in the -4 when i first lowered it and was going through tires every 5 months.

Another thing. I have learned when it comes to alignment, No one does it better than the dealer.. Period...I tired 3 diff race shops and did not know how to get it done.. Dealer did it best.. The mechanics who worked on my car said to me: If i put back on the pads on top of the springs, he can put it back within the regular spec, Of course i refused since im into no gap between tires and fender

Your rear camber number are too bad... try to get em at least -2.5