CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Auto Headlights for CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
Auto Headlights for CLK

Ok - I thought I would ask this here first and see if it's the right forum..

I have a 2001 CLK55 - one item that was not offered on this car was auto headlights (ie - the lights turn on when it gets dark and off when it is bright..)

I'm looking at adding this to my car. I know this was offered in other MB's such as the c-class, etc. What I would like to know is if it was offered in other year W208 cars? Anyone have a W208 with this feature?

Thanks!

Alex
Old 01-18-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Auto Headlights for CLK

Originally posted by amarzano
Ok - I thought I would ask this here first and see if it's the right forum..

I have a 2001 CLK55 - one item that was not offered on this car was auto headlights (ie - the lights turn on when it gets dark and off when it is bright..)

I'm looking at adding this to my car. I know this was offered in other MB's such as the c-class, etc. What I would like to know is if it was offered in other year W208 cars? Anyone have a W208 with this feature?

Thanks!

Alex
nope... not a feautre of the w208 CLK, however, there are aftermarket modules that allow you to convert any headlight to use daytime running lights... you can even program these modules to run your headlights whenever you drive...
Old 01-19-2004, 01:58 AM

2001 CLK55
Do you happen to be able to recommend any of these aftermarket modules?

Thanks,

Alex

PS - Go Trojans! :-)
Old 01-19-2004, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by amarzano
Do you happen to be able to recommend any of these aftermarket modules?

Thanks,

Alex

PS - Go Trojans! :-)
sorry to say that I can't personally express any experience with any of these modules as I haven't experimented with that feature just yet... I've thought about that, but I've never pushed forward with the idea.

The module will pretty simple... all it really needs to be is a module or switch that hardwires the headlights to the battery, and can only be operable when the igition is on...

Given the simplicity of the function behind this module, I would guess that any brand that offers these daytime running light mods would just as good as the next...
Old 01-19-2004, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
............I have a 200CLK 32K. The closest I could come to what you are describiing is the canadian daytime running lights. I changed my lights such that the lights automatically come on whenever you switch on the ignition and they automatically go off whenever you turn off the ignition. This way, you do not have to worry about turning the lights on or off. There is a downside however. The interior dash lights are not in sync with this, so in orther to get the interior dash lights on, I would have to manually turn on my headlights visa the switch.

Ted
Old 01-19-2004, 11:28 PM

2001 CLK55
Ted,

When you say they come on - do you mean full on, or in a DRL mode, which I believe is 75% or so...

What did you need to purchase to make this happen? I would be interested ..

Thanks,

Alex